YOUR LIFE GOAL IS TO DOMINATE?
In modern day life, we are taught certain things which are immoral, unethical, as well as evil. However, perhaps in order to develop grow and flourish, we need to have a mindset more towards domination.
What is the point of life?
If you think about nations, what do nations desire? Nations desire to grow. To grow bigger, to expand, to take on more colonies, to build her military, to extract more natural resources, etc.
For example, America is currently the bully with a big stick, and goes around the world give you “aid”, to less fortunate countries. However what America really wants here is to expand her military bases and global dominance.
Even China, which is lagging seriously behind in terms of military power, is trying desperately to extend her borders to beyond, maybe setting up some sort of new colonies in Africa, the Kazakhstan area, etc.
However, the reason why China will always be number two, not number one, is this:
China’s strength comes from her industriousness, not her creativity and ingenuity.
For example, if you are a Chinese billionaire, will you use an iPhone pro or a Huawei phone? Similarly speaking, will you use an iPad, or some random Chinese made tablet? Also, rich mainland Chinese kids, would they rather wear Yeezy‘s or Balenciaga sneakers, or would they prefer to wear some sort of Chinese luxury brand?
How did Lamborghinis get cool?
American rappers. Jay Z, Kanye West, etc.
“Lamborghini mercy your chick is so thirsty I’m in that juicy Lambo with your ass she trying to jerk me.” – MERCY KANYE WEST
I was born in 1988. I am currently 35 years old. When I was a kid growing up in the bay area, Alameda Oakland area, this is the funny thing:
Nobody had any idea what a Lamborghini was, it was not even in the cultural mindset.
When I was a kid growing up, it was all about the Acura Integra type R. Or the civic type R. My personal dream is the kid was to get a red Acura Integra, stick shift, white rims, and some sort of body kit. I still remember flipping through pages of import tuner, fantasizing about the body kit I would get, and also trying to scheme up of ways I would be able to somehow cough up the money.
Also let us consider the fast and the furious movies. Then it became cool to drive a Nissan skyline GTR, Toyota supra, etc.
Essentially what I learned is that tastes can be created and made through the media, whether it be movies, music, podcasts, etc.
Even apparently the Acura NSX was cool from Quentin Tarantino, pulp fiction.
You become the tastemaker
I believe that I am currently the most influential photographer alive. For example, it was I who popularized the Ricoh GR digital camera, I almost feel that Ricoh should give at least 10% of proceeds to me. Before me, nobody knew what a Ricoh was. Now, Ricoh GR3 and GR3X cameras are all back-ordered. It was also I who declared that Ricoh was the new Leica.
How does one become a taste maker?
Are there is certainly a hierarchy to taste. Otherwise everyone will just be sipping on Starbucks Frapuccino’s all day, eating McDonald’s hamburgers, and eating Twinkies.
Or listening to Katy Perry.
Certainly everyone has a different taste, and at the end of the day it is all subjective. However, philosophically, we desire to create a hierarchy.
For example, how is it in why is it the Nike is still cooler than Adidas? First and foremost, I just think that Nike is more innovative, has a cooler looking logo, and the Nike logo is far more dynamic than Adidas, the three stripes logo is lame. Even as a teenage kid, I always preferred the old-school Adidas trefoil logo instead.
In order to be a taste maker, you first need some sort of self-hosted option. Building your own website and blog through bluehost.com and installing WordPress.org
What is the difference between a website in a blog? A simple definition:
All blogs are websites, not all websites are blogs.
For example, blog just means web-log, a log of your activities thoughts and stuff on the web.
Or, another easy way to think about it is that a blog is just a more dynamic website which gets updated very frequently. A blog is just like your own social media.
Why is it so critical to own your own website and blog?
First of all, you cannot and will not get censored. If you are on any foreign platform, whether it be Spotify, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., sooner or later you will get censored, you might become blacklisted, or, your account my simply get suspended or removed.
What people do not realize is that social media is not free-speech. Why? Facebook who owns Instagram is a privately held corporation, not a free-speech platform.
I have owned ERICkimphotography.com and ERICkimphotography.com/blog since 2009, 2010. It is still alive and well. However, in the past, I used to blog on Xanga, but it is now dead and all of the content on it was deleted. Also, nobody uses Flickr anymore. Even with my Facebook account, somehow I got locked out of it. I can’t even login anymore.
The upside of longevity is that the longer you are alive, and the longer you keep posting and sharing, you will gain traction. I think to gain a true follower or a true fan takes anywhere in the context of 5 to 6 years. So ask yourself:
That what you are doing, can you keep doing it for 5 to 6 years, 10 years, 20-30 years? Beyond?
For myself, I will keep making photos until I die, hopefully at age 120. Also, I will keep working out, lifting weights, and exercising until I die, also at the age of 120.
A simple thought:
The longer you live, the longer you keep publishing, and putting yourself out there … certainly this will increase the likelihood that you will be remembered.
Unlearn the ethics
It seems to be a good idea to unlearn ethics. Unlearn what you have been taught, and allow yourself to become more immoral.
- JUST SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES AND WISDOM WITH OTHERS.
- How to Get More Done in a Single Day – MEMENTO MORI PHILOSOPHY
- THINK FOR YOURSELF
- GO DEMIGOD.
- How to Be Happy: Challenge and Danger Philosophy
- To Become Greater, You Must Become *LESS* Productive!
- Imperfect Beauty
- The Philosophy of Pleasure
- What Interests You?
- Anti Theory of Everything
- STRONGER OR NOT?
- Carte Blanche Ideals
- CHOOSE JOY
- Don’t Judge Your Impulses
- On Becoming Less Human
- The Philosophy of Futurism
- PHILOSOPHY IS VALUE-SETTING
- PHILOSOPHY IS NOT LIFESTYLE
- WHY STANDARDIZATION IS BAD.
- YOUR OWN TABLE OF VALUES.
- RETRO IS BAD.
- INSANELY LOFTY THOUGHTS.
- Strive to *Lose* Weight, Not *Gain* Weight
- DIABLO II ANALOGIES FOR REAL LIFE.
- If You Know Your *WHY* You Can Discover Any *HOW*
- Life is Too Short to Be Miserable
- What Consumption Takes Skill?
- OFF THE GRID.
- REALITY IS CRUEL.
- Pain is Information
- WHY REMOVE VULGARITY AND DISORDER FROM OUR EYES?
- How to Become a Philosopher
- SUBOPTIMAL IS OPTIMAL
- THE LUST FOR MORE.
- TO DO IS TO BECOME.
- IN PRAISE OF AGGRESSIVE.
- THE PHILOSOPHY OF OPTIMISM
- OUR PHILOSOPHICAL WILL TO EXISTENCE
- Is Hope a Vice?
- MOVE MEAN
- Carte Blanche Ideals
- One Interesting Thought
- What Lasts? What Doesn’t Last?
- A WOUND STIMULATES THE RECUPERATIVE POWERS
- Children & Purpose
- Thoughts on Becoming a Parent
- Where Does Our Desire to Upgrade Come From?
- WE ALWAYS NEED SOMETHING FURTHER TO ASPIRE TO.
- Self-Task Yourself an Awesome Mission in Life
- Differentiation vs Equalization
- My Passion to *Become* Something More
- No Aesthetic or Ethos is Forever
- What is Your Higher Purpose in Life?
- IT WILL NEVER SATISFY YOU.
- How to Decide
- Things You *Want* to Do vs Things You *MUST* Do
- Towards a More Beautiful Mode of Existence and Future
- EXTREME GRATITUDE.
- AMAP (As Much as Possible) or None.
- Why or How Does it Matter?
- The Philosophy of Time and Events
- How *Not* to Resent
- FORWARD LOOKING
- DOMAIN FLEXIBILITY.
- The Miracle of Human Growth
- EXTREME ADAPTATION.
- Why Plan?
- You Don’t Need to Justify Yourself
- The Philosophy of Ego
- True vs False Passions
- How to Achieve Tranquility
- On Making Your Own Philosophy
- The Purpose of Life is to Create New Life
- Think On!
- The Wisdom of Doing Nothing
- My Thoughts on Meditation
- The Philosophy of Purpose
- Emulate Yourself
- Good Fear, Bad Fear
- For the Betterment of Humanity or Just Yourself?
- What you *really* believe in and care for is manifested through your actions (or non-actions)
- Why Culture is Your Enemy
- YOUR EXPERIENCES ARE KING.
- LIFE IS INHERENTLY GOOD.
- Artistic, Physical, and Philosophical Muscles
- All New Experiences are Good Experiences
- What is the Purpose of X?
- Philosophy is a Luxury
- The Attempt is More Interesting than the Result
- Joyfulness vs “Happiness”
- Effectiveness Over Happiness
- Self Actualization
- MAXIMAL ENGAGEMENT
- Life & Pain
- On Living Every Day with No Regret
- Learn as if you’re going to live forever, live as if you’re going to die tomorrow
- Live Every Day Like it Were the Last Day of Your Life
- FALSE GRATITUDE vs REAL GRATITUDE
- HOW TO LIVE MORE
- THE UPSIDE OF TRAGEDY
- Satisfaction is a Sucker’s Game
- Supreme Repose
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF LIFE? According to ERIC KIM
- STUBBORN, FLEXIBLE
- EVERYTHING HAPPENS AS IT *SHOULD* HAVE HAD HAPPENED
- Good Addiction, Bad Addiction?
- What is the Best Life?
- The Philosophy of Thinking
- The Philosophy of Conspiracies
- What Do You Really Want Out of Life?
- Seem or Be?
- Learn Through Pain
- Respect Yourself
- In Praise of Elitism
- Why Independent Thinking?
- I Will Never Die
- Bitter is Better
- The Genesis of Nihilism and Existential Dread
- The Ethics of Personal Enrichment
- Good vs Not Good
- Punished by Privilege
- Abstinence Over Moderation
- Just Leave Others Alone
- You Can Only Critique that Which You Truly Understand and Love
- ERIC KIM Critique of Metaphysics
- Only Trust Philosophers Who Deadlift
- Heuristic: If Someone Talks Shit About Others Behind Their Back, Most Likely They’re Also Talking Shit About You Behind Your Back
- Virtue is a Privilege
- What Are Your Life Goals?
- Why I’m Anti Moderation
- No Spite, No Malice.
- Ascending Life or Descending Life?
- Double Edged Sword
- Why I Don’t Trust “Nice Guys”
- Why You Must Share Your Opinion
- Selfish Isn’t Evil
- Wisdom is the Goal
- YOU ARE KING.
- MASTER YOURSELF
- What is “Good” for You is Often what is Bad for You
- ONE REP MAX
- Morality and Ethics is the Snare
- BY HELPING YOURSELF, YOU BEST HELP OTHERS
- Insanity is Good.
- Think Deep.
- PHILOSOPHY IS THE FUTURE.
- Open Mind vs Closed Mind
- ENTHUSIASM IS GENIUS
- Towards a More Critical and Rigorous Line of Thinking
- How to Encourage and a Foster Independent and Free Thinking
- What is the Purpose of Life?
- WHY PHILOSOPHY IS SUPREME.
- I Cannot Form an Opinion About Somebody Until I’ve Met Them in the Flesh
- ALL GENETICS ARE GOOD GENETICS.
- Happiness vs Freedom
- The Birth of a Hater
- My Way Isn’t the Right Way
- Walking as an Existential Thing
- Why I’m So Tolerant
- Mortal Gods
- THE HUMAN SPECIES
- Why I’m So Skeptical
- Just Follow the Money
- Why Selfish?
- WHY WE CANNOT BLAME OTHERS
- Why Are We So Anti Elitism?
- What Actually Interests You?
- How to Become Yourself
- SELF HATE
- Optimistic Fatalism
- Death is the Ultimate Creative Constraint
- How to Think for Yourself
- How to Live the Best Life
- Why Live a Life Without Regrets?
- Why Plato Ruined Art and Aesthetics for Us
- Self Respect
- Hypocrite vs Contradict
- Ideals vs Reality
- Spaceship Philosophy
- What is Your Ideal Life?
- MY EXTREME GRATITUDE TOWARDS LIFE AND BEING ALIVE!
- Critique of Utilitarianism
- Don’t Treat Others the Way You Want to Be Treated
- The Eternal Recurrence of Tragedy and Joy in Life
- Elite Asceticism
- Why I Don’t Like Numbers
- Action and Reaction, Cause and Effect
- The Antidote to Nihilism: The Philosophy of Nothingness
- ERIC KIM Notes on Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- EXPLOIT CHAOS.
- WHY I DON’T BELIEVE IN GENETICS
- The Future Belongs to the Fearless
- Why Live Forever?
- THIS TOO WILL PASS.
- Why Education?
- How to Become Yourself
- Things Shouldn’t Go Back to the Way They Used to Be
- Why Am I So Cruel?
- The Great Joy of Existence
- Virtue for the Sake of Virtue
- NO DISDAIN.
- INTELLIGENT IGNORANCE
- A LIFE WITHOUT PAIN, DIFFICULTY OR TRAGEDY ISN’T A LIFE WORTH LIVING
- BITTER IS BETTER.
- EXPLOIT THE BEST FROM TRAGEDY AND LIFE
- DISREGARD FOR SELF-PRESERVATION
- WHAT IF EVERYTHING IS NOT GONNA BE ALRIGHT?
- Tomorrow is Never
- Life is the Ultimate Creative Constraint
- EMBODIED REALITY
- BLACK SWAN
- THINGS WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THE WAY THEY USED TO BE
- What are you *really* afraid of?
- HAPPINESS ISN’T THE GOAL
- Philosophy is King
- Why is Selfish Evil?
- YOU’RE CONSTANTLY IN A STATE OF BECOMING
- ENTITLEMENT A SIN?
- BE BRUTALLY HONEST WITH YOURSELF
- WHY FREE WILL?
- OBEY YOUR OPINION
- EGO IS GOOD.
- WHY IT IS GOOD TO BE INTO YOURSELF
- Seek the Good Pain
- Anti-Perfection in Photography, Art, and Life
- Can You Become an End into Yourself?
- WHY I LIVE
- Why I Hate Decline
- Why I Eat
- Why am I So Positive and Optimistic?
- EFFORT IS ENJOYMENT
- Never Stop Gaining
- TRUST YOURSELF
- A Life of Maximal Personal Independence
- What Do You Desire to Become?
- What Do I Want from Technology?
- Stratified Society
- Do You Love or Hate Reality?
- On the Brian, Body and Mind
- I’m Maximally Happy, Now What?
- Care over Fame
- ACTIVE NIHILISM
- Never Stop Subtracting
- How to Live a Happier and More Epic Life
- A Risker Life is a Better Life
- Only Work on Things You Can Imagine Doing for Eternity
- How to Maximize Your Happiness
- The Gladiator Makes His Plans once He Enters the Ring
- Meditations on Meaning in Life
- There is Nothing More Interesting than Human Beings
- Is Hope a Vice?
- Why Be Unique?
- Happiness is Metabolism Health and Strength
- You’re the Hero
- Is Productivity a Virtue or Vice?
- Why Do We Prize the Rare?
- The Joy of Uncertainty
- How Should I Best Use My Time and Life?
- A Life Without Pain or Suffering Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- Free or Unfree?
- What Do You Really Care For in Life?
- Anti-Satisfaction in Life
- Why Think?
- The Eternal Return
- Only Do What is Best for You!
- Why Be Happy?
- Permissionless Living
- In Praise of Unconventional Wisdom
- Become the Change Which You Wish to See in the World
- Beyond Freedom
- Idolize People, Not Stuff
- What Makes You Stronger? What Makes You Weaker?
- Why Hate?
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >