Why are people afraid of change?
For myself, I think change is good. All change is good. Why? This is how life thrives.
For example, even you, as a biological being, are constantly changing and in a state of flux. You’re constantly evolving and changing: your molecules, your bodily hair, your DNA configuration, bone mass, muscle mass, fat mass, etc.
The same goes with all biological life: trees, plants, animals, etc.
So we have first established the fact that everything is changing, at least from a biological perspective. Yet, we are still afraid as humans of change. Why?
Well, there is the status quo bias; most humans prefer things to stay the same. Perhaps people who are still alive today were generally more risk averse, and unwilling to take risks that might have killed or maimed them. Therefore, our ancestors who were more prudent probably survived until today.
So, perhaps there is a human biological/brain/survival mechanism which makes us philosophically afraid of change.
Well the good thing is this: regardless of your biology or how you were raised by your teachers, parents, or society — you can retrain and rewire your own brain!
You can teach yourself to see change as a good thing!
Why change is good
I see change as good because:
- Whenever you change something, it’s generally more fun and interesting. A video game with all the same levels would eventually bore you.
- Looking at change as a good thing is a way that we can adapt, evolve, and grow! Essentially anything that adds entropy, chaos, and randomness in our lives forces us to be creative — to utilize our inner genius. To awaken our inner giant; we need challenges in life to grow! And all growth is good.
- By nature, all of life is random chaos and stimuli. No matter how hard we try, we can never fully tame chaos and change. Therefore my suggestion is to embrace it, see it as good, and figure out — how can we best leverage it in our benefit?
Find more meaning and purpose in your life:
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- The Film Shooter
MUSE by KIM
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
Street Photography Starter Kit
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12