I hope you enjoy a new free ebook: “Zen in the Art of Street Photography.” This is a compilation of all of my favorite articles on Zen, Taoism, Buddhism, gratitude, and other random philosophical musings.
There isn’t a “correct” order to read this book. You can skip around the chapters, and read the book out of order.
I personally have faced a lot of discontentment in my photography and life, and writing these articles have been a form of self-therapy. I also hope these articles helps shine some light and insight into your life and photography too.
June 9, 2015
Compiled @ Vivace Cafe in Seattle
All of the content in this book is “open source”— meaning you can edit, translate, remix, or distribute it openly and freely however you would like.
- .mobi (for Kindle)
- .pages (for Apple pages)
- .docx (Microsoft office)
- .rtf (Rich text file)
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: How to Become Indifferent to Criticism
- Chapter 2: How to Free Yourself from External Validation
- Chapter 3: Nobody gives a shit about your photos
- Chapter 4: How Many “Favorites” or “Likes” is Enough?
- Chapter 5: My Top 10 Sources of Discontentment in Street Photography
- Chapter 6: How to Be Grateful For What You Have
- Chapter 7: On Jealousy and Street Photography
- Chapter 8: On Failure and Street Photography
- Chapter 9: In Praise of Slowness in Street Photography
- Chapter 10: How to Be Mindful in Street Photography
- Chapter 11: Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- Chapter 12: Lessons Taoism Has Taught Me About Street Photography
- Chapter 13: Lessons Life Has Taught Me About Street Photography
- Chapter 14: How to Prevent Regrets in Life
- Chapter 15: Shoot Every Day As If It Were Your Last
- Chapter 16: On Legacy and Street Photography
To learn more, see all free books >
Take your street photography to the next level:
- August 27 (Friday): SEATTLE MASTER STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - [NOW LIVE!]
- September 11 (Saturday): DOWNTOWN LA ADVANCED STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - [NEW!]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.