A fun thought: what if we didn’t see life as some sort of painful duty, but rather, seeing our lives as a fun opportunity to experiment, play, and have fun?
To me, there is no greater blessing than being alive.
We are alive— we have sensations, thoughts, ideas, and the force and power to conduct our own experiments in life. None of this would be possible if we were either unborn or dead.
Nobody knows where we came from before we were born, nor do we know where we’re going to go after we die. The only certainty we have is our life, right now. So why waste our lives in vain, and stressing and suffering unnecessarily?
Have more fun in your photography!
As photographers, we have a lot of fun. We have fun making photos, we have fun traveling, exploring, seeing new things, eating new foods (and drinking new coffees), we have fun pursuing new photographic projects, we have fun sharing our photos and empowering others, and we have fun rearranging reality through composition and framing.
I have a new pact for myself: no longer will I voluntarily suffer and stress in my life. Rather, I’m always going to be a “yes-sayer” to life, to always find the positive in every negative, to always find new opportunities, to always affirm, to always find joy, and to always find ways to fulfill my personal curiosities and have fun. I am going to opt to have an ACTIVE life, and to allow myself free rein to my childlike naïveté. I’m going to keep making art until I die, continue to discover new truths and knowledge in life, and to continue to share my ideas and findings with others.
What better life than this one?
BE BOLD, FOOLISH, and have fun :)
Find more meaning and purpose in your life:
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 7th, 2020: ERIC KIM BLOGGING MASTER CLASS (Online, via Zoom). [Register Intent Here]
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.