What is happiness? Is happiness important?[Read more…] about Happiness
Perhaps the best way to live our lives is to strive to max out everyday.[Read more…] about MAX OUT!
Why is it that children are so artistically creative, innovative, and productive? Their “tabula rasa” approach to life and artistic creation. Because they don’t have any prior knowledge of the history of art, they can create without constraint, self-judgement, or insecurity![Read more…] about The Upside of Artistic Ignorance
Matisse as one of the masters of composition and color:
To Be More Creative, Spend More Time in Coffee Shops.
Besides the caffeine, it seems the biggest benefit of doing creative work at a coffee shop is that it makes you more creatively productive! While at the coffee shop, I feel more stimulated and alert, I’m motivated, and have the energy and drive to actually make things!
Why is this? Some theories:[Read more…] about Why I Love Coffee Shops
Image quality is overrated. We should optimize our cameras and tools to make more beautiful aesthetic images!
- Beautiful grit and grain in images (digital cameras that have film filter/grain presets)
- Ability to turn on random light effects in our cameras (like HUJI cam and Calla Cam). The joy of light leaks, and discoloration.
- Experiment shooting film, or jpeg on digital cameras with film effects. Or on the smartphone with Huji cam or Calla Cam.
Strive to fulfill your own true needs.
A true need as a need that YOU have deemed is right for yourself, and worthy of yourself.[Read more…] about True Needs
Let us make this our own personal imperative in life:
To obey ourselves, our own inclinations, to follow our own instincts, and when our gut says something is bad for us — to listen to our gut!
To become more self-focused. To obey our own selfish needs and desires (not to see “selfishness” as a vice, but our ultimate creative virtue!)[Read more…] about Follow Yourself!
Zen not as a meek mentality — zen as simple, strong, concentrated, powerful— without superfluous distractions, superfluous weight.[Read more…] about ZEN POWER.
Is there an ‘optimal’ or “supreme” form of nutrition for us– in terms of mental and physical power?[Read more…] about Philosophy of Nutrition
“I photograph to see what the world looks like photographed.”Garry Winogrand
Whenever you see anything, just photograph it; you can never predict 100% what the final photo will look like!
Photograph it because you’re curious what the scene will look like as a photograph.
Use your life, your personality, your ego, and experiences in order to create art!
The photographer as the currently most evolved form of artist-cyborg, embracing technological tools to create artwork.[Read more…] about Art Technology
The most satisfying part of existence is to be an artist … to disappear into your artwork … and to keep making art.
Artist as the apex individual in society — artist-philosopher-king, tyrant ?[Read more…] about Deep Art
Reality looks more fun and interesting with photography![Read more…] about Photography to Spice up Reality
Southwest flight to Honolulu. Gonna be here for a month for Cindy’s work; traveling light with just my Xiaomi 9 SE phone, iPhone 6S Plus and 13 inch MacBook Pro.[Read more…] about Day 1 Honolulu Hawaii
Change, bust out the range
Ride out the bills– do it for real.
You cannot change yourself without pain
No gain without insane faith in your potential
Gravity isn’t holding you down; so why stay on the ground?
Loud out your sound–sonic boom it
Take opportunities in life with no Guile
If you live to be 120 in great health, you’ll be here for a while
So stay strong, stay woke.
Keep your mind swole, and you’ll never go broke.
To maximize our personal thriving, perhaps we shouldn’t look back– we should only look ahead![Read more…] about Never Look Back, Only Forward!
What is a “limiter”? It is something in your mental wiring which holds back your potential.
- Physical-mental limiter: The mental limiter which holds you back from attempting new “PR”’s at the gym, because you’re afraid you might injure yourself by attempting a heavier weight than you’re used to.
- Entrepreneurship limiter: The limiter that prevents us from starting our own business, because the fear that we may fail and become bankrupt and seen as a “failure” (fear of social stigma).
- Remove your creative limiter: The false idea that we shouldn’t upload more than 1 photo, blog post, or video in a single day. I say fuck that — why not 10x that? Why not upload 10 photos a day? Publish 10 blog posts a day? Make 10 beats a day? Upload 10 videos to YouTube in a single day?
- Creative genre limiter: Don’t trap yourself just in a single art genre. Do anything and everything which interests you! Be like Kanye West — he refused to just be a producer, and strive to rap as well. Then after rapping, he strove to get into fashion, and succeeded (when everyone told him to just focus on music). Indulge in all forms of artistic creation and expression!
We are always told: “Quality over quantity”.
But what if this was a mistaken notion? What if we should in-fact, focus on quantity over quality?[Read more…] about Quantity Over Quality
My buddy Daniel (head of the Brussels Street Photography Festival) is currently putting on their 4th edition![Read more…] about The Brussels Street Photography Festival (October 4-6, 2019) @ Centre Tour à Plomb
Advice based on what works for me — hope these can help you too:[Read more…] about Practical Creative Productivity Tips
I believe that tips are actually more beneficial, and generally more profound in knowledge and wisdom than “high brow”intellectuality.
Why? Let me share.[Read more…] about In Praise of Tips
Personal and philosophical thoughts on social media:[Read more…] about Social Media
To live a more fun, interesting, playful, and rewarding life– perhaps we should optimize our own personal lives for our own personal creative productivity.[Read more…] about Creative Producerism: You don’t live in order to consume, you live in order to produce!
There are no ultimate morals or ethics in life. You have the power to determine your own morals and ethics in your life. Of course you must accept the consequences. But this life is the only certain life — why live for another life or even an after life?[Read more…] about Morality and Ethics
To me, powerlifting, deadlifts, etc is more mental than physical. I believe that powerlifting is 90% mental, and overcoming your mental blocks.[Read more…] about The Zen of Powerlifting
Think about the opposite:
[Read more…] about Why Aspire?
What would a life of non-aspiration look like? And would a life devoid of aspiration be a life worth living?
Something I wanted to essay about:
What makes a great photograph?
Also — does it even matter if a photograph is ‘great’? Is ‘good’ good enough?[Read more…] about Should We Strive to Make Great Photos?