An empowering thought: realize that in life, you have the power to dictate your own purpose in life!
What do you desire to do with your life?
A lot of us ask ourselves,
What is the purpose of life?
To me, that is the wrong question. To me, a better question is:
What do I desire to be the purpose of my life?
You got the power!
The reason I like this:
- We have the power in our own hands to dictate our own purpose and direction in life. This immediately gives us more empowerment, because we feel like we are in control of our own lives, and that we are steering our lives in the direction we are!
- You can live whatever life you decide: To be honest, you can live whatever life you desire. If you desire to become an artist, philosopher, writer, yet you don’t want to work a 9-5 job, you don’t need to! Just move to Saigon, and just work very few hours as an English teacher, and earn enough to live– and to just do your art! Or you can even live in the states (or wherever you live), and elect NOT to work more than you need to in order to “survive”/pay for your basic expenses. We have the power NOT to live an expensive/fancy lifestyle which is superfluous.
Spend time to meditate on the question
Once again friend, let’s go back to the question:
What is your self-directed purpose in life?
Do you know the answer to this question?
It is a tough question to answer. Honestly, I think most of our psychic energy is wasted trying to be ‘successful’ in the eyes of others//what society expects from us.
For myself, my self-directed purpose in life is to empower others//humanity as a whole. I spend all of my time, energy, and efforts to study philosophy, study art, and discover more “truths” about life– things which have helped me, and I hope to share this knowledge/information/ideas with others who might also benefit.
The reason why I appointed this as my own self-directed purpose:
- When I am helping others, I feel more purpose to my life.
- I follow my own curiosities in life, and avoid boredom (I think boredom is actually one of the worst human-mind states, probably even worse than physical suffering).
- I am excited and optimistic: I still feel like there is so many new things for me to discover and understand, and this is fun. To me, having fun is the best way to most effectively learn! I believe true learning is from a combination of challenge, difficulty, effort, and overcoming that difficulty.
You got the answer inside yourself (already!)
Spend some time to reflect and ask yourself, about what YOU desire to do with your time, money, effort, attention, resources, and power in life, and what you DON’T want to do in your life.
You have the power!
Find more meaning and purpose in your life:
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >