My only regrets in life: when I failed to trust myself, and trusted the words of others (above myself).
You are the supreme authority of yourself
Why don’t we trust ourselves? Because we haven’t been trained to trust ourselves. For most of us, our upbringing consisted of listening to authority figures, and being punished if we disobeyed. Based on your gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, or upbringing — this is always different. But the optimistic thought is this:
No matter what your upbringing was, you can CHANGE your present moment/behavior/thinking, and also FUTURE behavior/thinking/behavior.
Why is it so scary, difficult, or hard to trust in yourself?
I think it comes down to training. You must train yourself to trust in yourself. And nobody can do this but you.
I generally like to ask feedback, critique, or suggestions from others. But I’m starting to wonder:
Whenever I ask people for feedback, critique, judgement, or their thoughts– is it because I have some inner insecurity about myself?
Which makes me wonder:
Perhaps moving forward in my life, I will STOP asking for feedback, suggestions, critiques, or comments, and simply follow my own gut, trust in myself, and be CULPABLE for all my failures (and my successes).
Do we just want to blame someone in-case we fail?
When we ask others for their feedback or thoughts, perhaps we are simply trying to assign blame to someone else in-case we fail.
I think sometimes I also ask others who I admire for their feedback and suggestions, and also as a way to pump up their ego (and get the other person to like me more). But perhaps the more genuine thing to do is to simply ruthlessly self-experiment with myself, and claim all of my losses and wins.
New life experiment/goal
My new goal for this year:
Ruthlessly trust in myself, and becoming 100% liable for everything I do.
- Don’t assign blame to anyone else but myself
- Don’t exhibit fear to myself
- Don’t be afraid of failing in front of others, but also don’t be too eager to succeed in front of others.
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- A Life of Maximal Personal Independence
- What Do You Desire to Become?
- What Do I Want from Technology?
- Stratified Society
- Do You Love or Hate Reality?
- On the Brian, Body and Mind
- I’m Maximally Happy, Now What?
- Care over Fame
- ACTIVE NIHILISM
- Never Stop Subtracting
- How to Live a Happier and More Epic Life
- A Risker Life is a Better Life
- Only Work on Things You Can Imagine Doing for Eternity
- How to Maximize Your Happiness
- The Gladiator Makes His Plans once He Enters the Ring
- Meditations on Meaning in Life
- There is Nothing More Interesting than Human Beings
- Is Hope a Vice?
- Why Be Unique?
- Happiness is Metabolism Health and Strength
- You’re the Hero
- Is Productivity a Virtue or Vice?
- Why Do We Prize the Rare?
- The Joy of Uncertainty
- How Should I Best Use My Time and Life?
- A Life Without Pain or Suffering Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- Free or Unfree?
- What Do You Really Care For in Life?
- Anti-Satisfaction in Life
- Why Think?
- The Eternal Return
- Only Do What is Best for You!
- Why Be Happy?
- Permissionless Living
- In Praise of Unconventional Wisdom
- Become the Change Which You Wish to See in the World
- Beyond Freedom
- Idolize People, Not Stuff
- What Makes You Stronger? What Makes You Weaker?
- Why Hate?
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- The Film Shooter
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
MUSE by KIM
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- STREET NOTES $ 19
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
Street Photography Starter Kit
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29