Do you love or hate reality? Do you prefer “idealism” (false reality), or do you love reality in all its tragedy and cruel comedy?
Reality ain’t all roses
Reality ain’t always pretty. There is ton of pain, suffering, injustice, and pointless cruelty in the world. But does that make reality any less legitimate? I think not. If anything, this is what makes reality great.
To live takes courage!
Living takes great courage. To face reality is difficult. We must face injustice, “unfair” rules, and arbitrary outcomes.
Reality cannot be quantified. Real life is a trillion times more complex and unpredictable when compared to video games or social media. Real life doesn’t mirror any TV show or movie.
But this is precisely why I love reality:
The difficulty of living in reality is what makes it fun and interesting!
Creating your own rules
There are no ultimate rules in reality. And this is what makes things fun; you can create your own rules, your own morals, and your own ethics. You can pursue whatever you desire, and decide to ignore what you don’t care for.
In fact, right now is the BEST time to be alive. Why? With modern technology and capitalism, you can become the ultimate “free spirit” (self-employed entrepreneur), and have total freedom over your creative energy, your time, and your life. We have all modern technologies to make life insanely convenient for ourselves, food is cheap, gyms are cheap; everything is so cheap.
We got nothing to fear
We don’t have to fear death via famine, wars, or disease-plagues. We are currently living in the ultimate environment, and we have the supreme conditions for thriving. Utilize this knowledge to self-direct your own life.
To love reality
To love reality means:
- Love of street photography: Deifying reality — making artwork from real life.
- Preference for real humans than fantasy humans (preferring to talk to strangers in real life, than to watch fake humans live fake lives on tv shows or movies).
- Realization that inequality, suffering and injustice are parts of reality. That these are great obstacles that perhaps make our lives more interesting and fulfilling.
What is real and what is ideal?
I generally think idealism is a good thing: we ignore “reality” and we strive to create our own new reality.
Downside of idealism: when it impairs your own personal judgement of living in life which ends up harming you.
How to love reality
Accept all the ugly parts of reality– but realizing that without the ugly, we could not have the beautiful.
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- On the Brian, Body and Mind
- I’m Maximally Happy, Now What?
- Care over Fame
- ACTIVE NIHILISM
- Never Stop Subtracting
- How to Live a Happier and More Epic Life
- A Risker Life is a Better Life
- Only Work on Things You Can Imagine Doing for Eternity
- How to Maximize Your Happiness
- The Gladiator Makes His Plans once He Enters the Ring
- Meditations on Meaning in Life
- There is Nothing More Interesting than Human Beings
- Is Hope a Vice?
- Why Be Unique?
- Happiness is Metabolism Health and Strength
- You’re the Hero
- Is Productivity a Virtue or Vice?
- Why Do We Prize the Rare?
- The Joy of Uncertainty
- How Should I Best Use My Time and Life?
- A Life Without Pain or Suffering Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- Free or Unfree?
- What Do You Really Care For in Life?
- Anti-Satisfaction in Life
- Why Think?
- The Eternal Return
- Only Do What is Best for You!
- Why Be Happy?
- Permissionless Living
- In Praise of Unconventional Wisdom
- Become the Change Which You Wish to See in the World
- Beyond Freedom
- Idolize People, Not Stuff
- What Makes You Stronger? What Makes You Weaker?
- Why Hate?
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >