Become stronger, more powerful, and more influential every single day:
In modern times, we talk a lot about being ‘successful’ or becoming ‘successful’.
But when we say "success" — what do we really mean to say?
To be more precise, when we say "success", I think what we are really trying to say is to ‘prosper’.
And when we think of the word ‘prosper’ — let us try to think what ‘prosperity’ means.
To have much ‘prosperity’ generally means to be surrounded by material wealth. For example, an ancient King in Ancient Greek times might have lots of land, a big house, lots of cattle, rare items, weapons, soldiers, wiv(es), children, etc.
But I think we must separate the verb (to prosper) from the final state (prosperity).
Because once you have attained ‘prosperity’ — it is boring. Once you have it all (Tony Montana from Scarface), it feels a bit empty — or it ain’t as great as we thought it would be.
Rather, I like the idea that we can be active our whole life– that we focus on prospering (active sense).
My definition of ‘prospering’
To prosper to me means:
To keep augmenting (increasing) yourself, to keep becoming stronger, and to keep increasing your muscles and mental power.
Beyond material wealth & money
Of course the basic concept (in modern times) is that to prosper means to just keep earning more money. But what if we lived in a society where we didn’t have money as a means to quantify success (like in Homeric times, where they didn’t have coined currency yet). You could only accumulate gold, cattle, and items– but ultimately– having all this wealth only augmented your feeling of strength and power. For the most part, once you have all the money, toys, etc in the world– it doesn’t amount to much.
Get stronger, every single day.
I think what we really want is this:
To everyday, feel like we are becoming stronger, more powerful, and more influential.
This is why I think most of us use money as a way to quantify or measure our progress — to measure our growth. Perhaps this is because we don’t have enough self-confidence to measure ourselves and our own growth by our own internal measure; we must externally measure ourselves with numbers. But I believe it is a petty thing to measure yourself with numbers. You must measure yourself according to your own table of values. And similarly, you must only measure your own progress, and your own augmentation of strength via your own internal measures.
How do we become stronger every single day?
How do we become stronger, more powerful, and influential every single day? Some simple ideas:
- Always push your body to the physical limits every day: This means lifting heavier weights at the gym, or increasing the resistance of your physical exercise.
- Always challenge your mind: Avoid reading or studying stuff which bores you. Only study what is interesting to you, challenging, and fascinating to you.
- Master your own personal willpower: This means dictate outloud: "My personal needs and desires are of supreme importance. I will not allow anyone to prevent me from doing what I must." In the words of Ayn Rand in the book ‘Fountainhead’, "The question isn’t who is going to let me; the question is who is going to stop me?" (Similar sentiment in JAY Z & KANYE’S ‘Watch the Throne’ album, in their song: "Who’s gonna stop me now?"
BECOME STRONGER! ERIC
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
Street Photography Starter Kit
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
MUSE by KIM
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- The Film Shooter
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19