A fun concept I came up with: don’t think of mere survival; think of “thrivival” (a life of thriving). #zenoferic
This is my rationale:
In today’s world, you’re not gonna starve to death or die from lack of natural resources. Thus, we’ve entered a social time where we no longer need to struggle for mere survival. Rather, now as we are entering the “homo deus” phase, we should seek to THRIVE in life!
What does it mean to thrive?
To thrive means to live your life to the fullest. It means to extract the fullest maximum out of your human biology and metabolism, in order to create the most epic shit while you’re still alive.
That means to strive with every fiber of your being to become the most fully-formed artist you can. It means to see no barriers between art, philosophy, and science. It means to integrate everything you learn via cross-pollination, and become an ultimately unified you.
A lot of scientists are looking for some “unified field theory” that links everything in the universe together. While I see the pursuit of that knowledge as noble, I don’t see it as very practical. I’d rather seek to discover my own unified field theory for myself— the ultimate zenith of “know thyself”, and then to everyday strive to become more.
This means to never stop building my mind, building my muscles, building my artistic sense and knowledge, and to never stop creating. This also means for me to get less distracted in life; everyday subtract one distraction. And when I say “distract”; anything which scatters your focus.
At best, we might live to be around 90-100 years old. My grandfather died at around age 92 (and he was very overweight and unhealthy—thus, I think if I stay in good shape, perhaps I can live to be around 100.
Anyways, my idea is in life—if we are remembered for even one idea, concept, or piece of art which empowers (current) humanity, or future generations of humanity — we have done our job as a human being.
And this is why focus is so essential — everyday we want to focus our laser beam a little more. We are like a magnifying glass; we take the power from the sun, and focus it into a laser beam which can cut holes through steel! The more focused your laser beam, the deeper you can cut with your laser, and the more of an impact you can make in the world and society.
So friend to conclude this essay, I just want you to ask yourself:
How can I arrange my life so I can maximize my “thrivival” in life?
I think we live in a post-survival society — if we no longer fear starving to death, dying of thirst, or dying of the cold — what else do we really have to fear?
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >