Let us seek to thrive in life, not merely survive.
A post-survival society
The notion I hate is this:
As humans, all we want to do is survive.
No. As humans, we are beyond that. We have so much more potential than mere survival, especially in today’s world (where the default is survival).
I say let us go beyond mere survival. Let us focus on “thrivival” (my term— a life focused on thriving).
To me, to thrive is human. As humans, we always want to improve ourselves, improve our lives, and to build new things! We desire to build new monuments, new ideas, new buildings, and to create new inventions! If humans were engineered to prefer comfort and were easily satisfied, we would all just still be eating acorns.
I think a life that is focused on thriving is more fun, exciting, and enjoyable!
How to thrive
To thrive means:
1. Never stop learning:
Remember the Venetian proverb, “The sea is deeper the further you go into it.” To continually seek new knowledge and to pave new roads of understanding is noble.
Also, I still believe that there are tons of undiscovered knowledge — knowledge that we can still discover! Everything hasn’t been discovered yet!
2. Allow yourself to change and evolve:
Over time, as you gain more experiences and live more life, you’re going to change. Don’t become a self-tyrant. Consistency is death. In order to keep growing, you must allow yourself to continuously learn, develop, and push yourself!
Too often in life, we stop evolving, because we force ourselves to stay consistent to the same mould. I say, break out of all moulds and templates which are prescribed by society. Create a new you, everyday.
3. Never self-censor your curiosity
As children, we are all born curious. Yet, as we get older, the curiosity is beaten out of us by our parents and society.
I say, as you get older, become more curious! The great thing about being an adult: you are curious and you have money! Use your money as a tool to continue pursuing things you are curious about! Money can be a multiplier for your curiosity.
Conclusion: Don’t just survive, thrive.
Thrivival is our motto. Let us never stop pursuing new roads, and creating our own new roads of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
Life is short, yet long. Why waste any of it worrying about basic stuff — like mere survival?
Philosophy by KIM >
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
Masters of Philosophy »
Personal Philosophy »
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
Zen Philosophy »
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Life Lessons »
Learn more: Start Here >