In life, do things and consume things which make you stronger. Don’t do anything or consume anything that makes you weaker.
This is my thought:
Individualism is good. What is good for you isn’t necessarily good for others, and what is good for others isn’t necessarily good for you.
If we believe that individualism is good, then what this means is this:
Focus on YOUR individual self-development and self-empowerment.
How can society evolve or go forward?
I believe that the archimedes lever of society comes from individuals; great individuals.
Now — just because one person is great doesn’t mean that you’re not great. No — we can make a society with MANY great individuals!
Consider the great individuals who have driven society forward: Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, Lincoln, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, etc. The misfits, the rebels, the ones who perceived injustice– who took epic risks and sacrifices to stand up for what they really believe in.
You can become great too. All the other great individuals from the past were made of flesh and bone — just like me and you. They weren’t demi-gods.
Become the same level as your role-models
Thus whenever we look up to our role models, we must realize– they are more similar to us than dissimilar!
When we look at individuals who we admire, we should strive to attain their same level of greatness– and also go BEYOND them!
I think the problem is when we look at great individuals in history, and we feel diminished by them. We should never feel smaller or diminished when comparing ourselves to others. No — we should rather strive to constantly elevate ourselves, and to use other great individuals as a positive STIMULUS to our own hustle!
Don’t do or consume what makes you weaker
This is highly individual to you:
Don’t do or consume anything which makes you weaker.
- Don’t consume foods or drinks which weaken you
- Don’t interact with people who weaken you (leeches, negative people, petty people).
- Don’t do or consume drugs which weaken you
Do or consume which makes you stronger
Do you consider yourself more similar to others, or more dissimilar from others? I feel that once you determine this, it will totally change how you live your life.
I have no idea what is best for other people. I have no idea what the preferences of others are. And to be frank, I don’t have the time or mental energy to even concern myself with the preferences of others.
Thus it seems that the only logical thing is to just focus on myself — focusing on making myself more powerful, focusing on giving me more self-confidence, more self-faith, and literally more physical and mental power/vigor.
I think what this means is to really focus intensely on self-experimentation for yourself, and once you determine what makes you stronger — focus on doing more of that!
As a practical takeaway: focus more of your mental energy and efforts in seeking self-wisdom — specifically learning what makes you stronger and what makes you weaker.
- Do more and consume more of what makes you stronger
- Do less and consume less of what makes you weaker
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- Why Hate?
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >