My new rule to myself:
I will never hate, nay-say, or criticize anyone else.
Don’t do unto others as you don’t want others to do unto you
I don’t think anyone likes it when others hate on them.
Thus if we don’t like it when others hate on us or criticize us, why criticize/hate on others?
Generally this moral means:
As long as others aren’t killing others or being insanely intolerant, leave others alone.
This means for ourselves– we should be more tolerant towards others (unless other people are intolerant).
Why don’t we talk about ‘tolerance’ anymore?
I remember when I was a kid, we always talked about ‘tolerance’. But it seems this notion of tolerance is dead. Why?
Perhaps it is because the educated elite want to superimpose their values upon us– as if they were the ultimate values?
It also seems the notion of ‘equality’ has stamped out the notion of ‘tolerance’. But there is a HUGE categorical difference between ‘equality’ and ‘tolerance’.
I don’t think all of society should be equal in-itself; differences are good. I think society should allow everyone to be different– not to try to super-impose “equality” unto everyone.
Why do haters hate?
I cannot definitely say why all haters hate. However I think I know enough about the psychology of haters and trolls to know the following:
- People hate others when they feel threatened: This is due to an individual having low self-esteem; they only judge their esteem when comparing themselves to you. Thus, when they see you being more “successful” than them, they will hate on you– to hopefully hurt your feelings or wound your ego, in order for them to feel better about themselves.
- People hate when they are intolerant: Most people who hate on you for having different opinions, thoughts, lifestyle is when they think THEY are the ultimate arbiter of truth and wisdom, and they do not accept the fact that all truth/knowledge is subjective and shouldn’t be universal. Thus most haters are very narrow-minded individuals, who lack the wisdom to think beyond their own mind.
Become more self-centered, self-focused, and selfish
In modern society, when we say the word “selfish” we mean to say “evil”.
However if our goal is to have a maximally-tolerant society, with the most personal freedom and control over our lives– it seems that the best and most noble way of living is actually in-fact a more ‘selfish’ and self-centered/self-focused lifestyle.
This means NOT superimposing your own personal virtues onto others, and also it means that recognizing that what is a vice to you isn’t a vice to others. Furthermore, it means realizing that what is good for others isn’t good for you, and what is good for you isn’t good for others.
No more hating, negativity, or petty bullshit.
Let us be great, magnanimous, and focus on ourselves– for us to create great things.
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >