Art is the end goal
I believe the end goal of life is to make and attempt great art.
I really want to put great emphasis on the word ‘attempt’. Why? You cannot determine with 100% precision whether you will make great art or not. But you can control your effort in life, and you can also control how many personal risks you take on the road towards grandeur.
Effort will always be more impressive than results
What I learned via powerlifting or weightlifting at the gym:
It ultimately doesn’t matter how much (or little) someone can lift in the gym. What matters is how much effort they put in, and how little fear they exhibit when “pushing themselves” to a new PR (personal record).
Don’t be scared.
In my book, the only vice is cowardice and fear.
And I believe this is something you can conquer.
How to conquer cowardice
The etymology of being a coward:
Having your tail in-between your legs like a dog.
Honestly the only regrets I have in life is when I was cowardly. Cowardly to shoot a street photograph, or cowardly to ask permission to shoot a street portrait. Or coward for not trying a certain “one rep max” at the gym.
Put it all on the line.
Treat everyday like a mini lifetime. If today were the last day in your life, what would you regret NOT attempting or doing?
Let this guide your life!
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- A Risker Life is a Better Life
- Only Work on Things You Can Imagine Doing for Eternity
- How to Maximize Your Happiness
- The Gladiator Makes His Plans once He Enters the Ring
- Meditations on Meaning in Life
- There is Nothing More Interesting than Human Beings
- Is Hope a Vice?
- Why Be Unique?
- Happiness is Metabolism Health and Strength
- You’re the Hero
- Is Productivity a Virtue or Vice?
- Why Do We Prize the Rare?
- The Joy of Uncertainty
- How Should I Best Use My Time and Life?
- A Life Without Pain or Suffering Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- Free or Unfree?
- What Do You Really Care For in Life?
- Anti-Satisfaction in Life
- Why Think?
- The Eternal Return
- Only Do What is Best for You!
- Why Be Happy?
- Permissionless Living
- In Praise of Unconventional Wisdom
- Become the Change Which You Wish to See in the World
- Beyond Freedom
- Idolize People, Not Stuff
- What Makes You Stronger? What Makes You Weaker?
- Why Hate?
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
MUSE by KIM
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- The Film Shooter
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
Street Photography Starter Kit
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495