If your desire is to become the apex artist, you must CHANNEL your ego, and press your ego into your service, instead of striving to destroy your ego.
Don’t do things which offend or hurt your ego
Thoughts on compromise, and corner-cutting is offensive to our ego. Yet we compromise and cut corners to please others.
But if we didn’t care to please others, but we simply obeyed our own ego, we would never compromise.
EGO as good for the artist
There are no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ decisions in life. However there are certain decisions which feel correct to your ego.
Let your ego guide your life.
Why is the ego seen as evil?
For the most part, most of us in the Western world are shackled by the “humility” and “humble attitude” of Protestant-Christian morality.
EGO as individualistic
Going back to Christian morality:
To be an individual is evil. To build the individual ‘at the expense’ of the collective is evil.
In most traditional societies, the individual isn’t important. What is more important is the survival (and thrivivial) of the collective/group/community. Therefore when people see you being “selfish” and “self-centered” and focused on yourself, you’re somehow doing a POSITIVE HARM on the collective, because all that extra energy you are putting towards yourself could be used to serve others.
Channeling your EGO to make artistic decisions
You must obey your ego when it comes to making certain life decisions.
The hardest thing is to make a decision, and to be responsible and liable for your decision. In today’s “limited liability corporation” world, nobody wants to be liable for anything. Nobody wants to be responsible for taking a risk, and “failing” or fucking up.
Why this quest to kill the ego?
In modern times, we should know better. We know the ego isn’t bad. Yet there are still MANY non-religious and atheists who think the ego is bad/evil and needs to be destroyed.
When we fuck up in life, we can easily blame “our ego”, instead of taking responsibility for our decisions.
It is impossible to know how a decision will turn out. For example, a lot of “skinny-fat” historians (who have never even lifted weights in their life) criticize Napoleon for his ‘hubris’ and his “over-confidence” in the war. But it is so easy to blame Napoleon and his “ego” for his failure.
Reality is this:
You take a risk, then Lady Fortuna does the rest.
Now the question is:
How can we harness and channel our beautiful ego to achieve what we want to achieve in life?
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- Why Be Unique?
- Happiness is Metabolism Health and Strength
- You’re the Hero
- Is Productivity a Virtue or Vice?
- Why Do We Prize the Rare?
- The Joy of Uncertainty
- How Should I Best Use My Time and Life?
- A Life Without Pain or Suffering Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- Free or Unfree?
- What Do You Really Care For in Life?
- Anti-Satisfaction in Life
- Why Think?
- The Eternal Return
- Only Do What is Best for You!
- Why Be Happy?
- Permissionless Living
- In Praise of Unconventional Wisdom
- Become the Change Which You Wish to See in the World
- Beyond Freedom
- Idolize People, Not Stuff
- What Makes You Stronger? What Makes You Weaker?
- Why Hate?
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >