There is nothing more interesting than human life, human sociology, human politics, human ethics/morals, artwork (related to humans).
Humans are the ultimate ruler of what is beautiful or ugly.
Street photography is art of human beings
Street photography: creating artwork of human beings.
Humans are the apex
One strange trend I see:
Many individuals value animal lives or plant lives over human lives.
If I could sacrifice all the dogs in the world for a few humans lives, I would make this choice. Why? To me, a human life is worth 1000000 animal lives.
I don’t think that “animals were put on earth to serve humans”. In fact, I don’t believe any divine providence in mankind being on planet earth. Ultimately humans are another form of animal– but humans are truly the apex predator. We subdue all other animal and plant life, as well as the Earth, to serve our human-centered needs.
Earth or humanity?
If I could sacrifice planet Earth for the survival of the future of humanity, I would choose this decision.
Earth is a means for human thriving, not the ultimate aim.
Of course, I don’t want to blow up Earth. Earth is the nicest planet. Even though Mars is interesting to me, life on Earth is 10000x better than life on any other planet (thus far).
Art as a means to human thriving
One interesting idea from Nietzsche I got is this.
We shouldn’t pursue art for art’s sake. Instead, we see ‘art as the great stimulus to life‘, which means:
Artwork inspires humanity forwards and upwards!
What is the point of humanity?
There isn’t an ultimate “point” or “purpose” to humanity.
For myself, it seems the best ‘purpose’ of humanity is:
- To ensure that humanity continues to exist, indefinitely (survival of the human race).
- Thrivival of maximal number of human beings
- Evolution of humanity forward (not sure what this would look like).
How should we live our lives?
It seems that the best life is in which we are killing two birds with one stone:
- Serving ourselves
- Serving others
I call it being maximally selfish, and maximally altruistic.
Memento mori (remember you will and must die).
Philosophy by KIM
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- Is Hope a Vice?
- Why Be Unique?
- Happiness is Metabolism Health and Strength
- You’re the Hero
- Is Productivity a Virtue or Vice?
- Why Do We Prize the Rare?
- The Joy of Uncertainty
- How Should I Best Use My Time and Life?
- A Life Without Pain or Suffering Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- Free or Unfree?
- What Do You Really Care For in Life?
- Anti-Satisfaction in Life
- Why Think?
- The Eternal Return
- Only Do What is Best for You!
- Why Be Happy?
- Permissionless Living
- In Praise of Unconventional Wisdom
- Become the Change Which You Wish to See in the World
- Beyond Freedom
- Idolize People, Not Stuff
- What Makes You Stronger? What Makes You Weaker?
- Why Hate?
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
Masters of Philosophy »
Personal Philosophy »
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
Zen Philosophy »
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Life Lessons »
Learn more: Start Here >