Pragmatic thoughts on loving your body:
1. Both physiological AND mental.
This is where people get suckered — thinking that loving your body is only mental. It is also physical and physiological as well. In other words:
2. Why have we learned to hate our bodies?
Too much obsession with media. Simple solution:
For a month, don’t use social media at all, don’t watch any movies, don’t read any magazines or media forms which is supported by advertising.
3. The best workouts?
I say do it all. For myself I like weight lifting, working out at my home gym, at the park, or in my apartment doing bodyweight stuff.
The goal is eumorphia (loving your body).
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- Is Working Out at the Park Superior to Working Out at the Gym?
- Why I Workout
- WHY PHOTOGRAPHERS SHOULD WORKOUT
- How to Increase Your Testosterone
- My Workout Philosophy
- How Appearance Matters
- How I Workout at Home
- My Philosophy of Food
- The Best Park Workouts
- How to Quit Sugar
- How to Workout in the Streets and Park
- How Much Meat Can You Eat in a Day?
- APEX MALE MASCULINITY
HOW I WORKOUT AT THE PARK
- How to Lose Fat
- How I Became Stronger and Buffer and More Swole During and After Quarantine
- What is Skinny-Fat?
- In Praise of Working Out at the Park
- Why Meat is Good
- Flesh over Metal
- Why Lower Your Bodyfat?
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
Street Photography Starter Kit
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
MUSE by KIM
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- The Film Shooter
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149