I am now stronger and buffer than I was before quarantine.
How and why? My thoughts:
Transform every negative into a positive
Honestly when gyms got closed, I got super bummed. The fear of losing all my ‘gains’ [muscular and strength gains] I once achieved at the gym.
But what did I do? Discover new options:
- Workout at park
- Workout at home
- Combine weight training *AND* bodyweight exercises
- Discover new muscular and strength challenges for myself.
HOW AND WHY?
- Attempt impressive feats of strength. Muscle up, ring muscle up, one legged pistol squats with weights, clean and press with heavy rock, planche, etc.
- Hybrid of both difficult body weight AND weight challenges. Do both, and just have fun with it.
- Workout every day, several times a day. Do it in a spirit of fun and play and physical self-experimentation (testing your strength).
- Augment muscular gains by eating lots of delicious and fatty meats, and sleep a lot.
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- What is Skinny-Fat?
- In Praise of Working Out at the Park
- Why Meat is Good
- Flesh over Metal
- Why Lower Your Bodyfat?
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- STREET NOTES $ 19
MUSE by KIM
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
Street Photography Starter Kit
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- The Film Shooter
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15