You might be able to “fake muscle” (human growth hormones, steroids, injections, plastic surgery, implants, etc), but you cannot fake physics and strength.
You cannot fake physics
Why I love powerlifting. You cannot fake physics and strength.
Belts are for suckers.
You don’t need a belt for power lifting or weight lifting. You don’t need straps. You don’t need external accessories. Just your hands and a little bit of chalk for your heavy one rep max deadlifts.
You don’t need supplements, protein powder, etc.
Just black coffee. You don’t even need music!
Focus on feats of strength.
- Muscle up
- One legged pistol squat
- One armed push-up
- One armed chin-up.
The great thing:
With enough training, any person can achieve these— boy, girl, man, woman, whatever!
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!