What’s real? What’s fake? Why does it matter?
Something I am very curious about:
Who is ‘natty’ (natural) and who is using “gear” (steroids, human growth hormone, etc).
Why do I care? A pursuit for truth.
I have no moral or ethical qualms against steroids
Ronnie Coleman. Definitely used a lot of steroids, human growth hormone, etc to get to where he was. But to me, I don’t really care. What I care about is this:
When I look at other movie stars (The Rock, Mark Wahlberg, Gerald Butler from 300) — figuring out… did they use steroids/HGH/testosterone to get to where they are?
Or I suppose:
Discovering how far I can go naturally without using supplements, steroids, other weird stuff.
“Cheating” or not doesn’t matter.
Once again, it doesn’t really matter if people are using roids or not. I just wished there was more transparency.
For example, if The Rock is in a movie and is super yolked, I like to think he did it without steroids or other weird stuff. Or if he is advertising in front of a poster (looking super ripped and massive) for a fast and the furious film. Perhaps there should be a disclaimer:
This actor in this advertising has used steroids and performance enhancing drugs.
It is kind of like how companies are required to write if the foods are “genetically modified” or not. I personally don’t mind eating genetically modified food, but at least I wanna know that it is!
How big can I get without roids?
I suppose this is my personal curiosity:
How big can I personally get without steroids, protein powder, supplements, testosterone, or other weird stuff?
And in terms of being “natural”, this means for me:
Only eating meat to see how big I can get.
I don’t believe in genetics
All this talk about ‘genetics’ is low-key racism.
For example within body building, the general gist is:
African-American men have the best genetics for muscular size and strength, then followed by Latino/Caucasian men, then Asian [East-Asian men], then Indian [South-Asian men] on bottom.
Perhaps this is all sociological.
- Asian culture is more focused on mental/educational culture than physical culture. Thus it makes sense you see less Asian men pursuing physical things.
- On TV and the media, sports, etc– African-Americans are seen as the apex in physical strength and ability. Thus more African-American boys and men end up pursuing physical culture. Thus at the top, you see more African-Americans, because there is a larger pool of highly motivated physical-culture individuals.
Then my theory:
All races, ethnicities and backgrounds (within the same sex-group) have the equal ability to maximal physical strength and physique.
Obviously there are basic things like:
- Your height is genetically determined.
- Your facial and bodily physiological things are dependent on your parents. For example if both of your parents are African-American, then your skin pigment will be much darker than two parents of Korean descent (lighter pigment).
- The color of your eyes
But beyond this — perhaps:
Effort, dedication, motivation, and strategy is real. Perhaps 90% of it. Genetics is only 10%.
Male vs Female Strength
The strongest person on earth is a male. But the strongest female on earth is stronger than 99% of males.
For example, there are no women on planet earth who can deadlift as much as Eddie Hall (500kg).
But there are many women who are also insanely strong. There are women powerlifters who can deadlift over 500 pounds. Most likely they are doing steroids, but still– steroids, testosterone, HGH might only give you a 10-20% advantage. That is still damn impressive. That means that a woman without any steroids or weird stuff can probably deadlift at least 400 pounds.
Let us not get teenage kids taking roids.
Problem with steroids, HGH, testosterone injections:
- Inability to produce testosterone by yourself. This means you cannot get a boner without an injection (not good).
- Possibly the chance of getting unrelated heart-problems or diseases later on in life, which is irreversible? Steroids certainly has some sort of effect on cardiac-related health. To be clear, just because you take human growth hormone, steroids, testosterone, etc doesn’t mean you will definitely get heart-diseases or other diseases, but it certainly fucks up the homeostasis in your body for naturally-producing testosterone and other human growth hormones.
- Dependence on steroids, human growth hormones for the rest of your life.
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- The Film Shooter
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
Street Photography Starter Kit
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
MUSE by KIM
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition