Bodybuilding is also an art. Your own body is a piece of marble, and your goal:
Sculpt your body into a Demi-god, greek-god, Adonis-status.
Why bodybuilding is so fun
During COVID, I am just bored. What more fun than to build your body when stuck indoors all day?
Also when you workout and see your muscle mass grow, it is fun to see the progress!
Two 60-pound dumbbells. My body (bodyweight exercises, pushups, one-handed pushups, one-legged pistol squats, and pseudo-planche).
Why build your body?
Do it for the adrenaline boost. It also boosts your joy hormones (serotonin, etc).
Your body is your ultimate instrument
If you wanna build anything or make anything, treat your body like an instrument as Cindy says.
The muscular artist
The more muscles you got, the more you can create as an artist.
I can personally attest. The more muscle I’ve built and the buffer I’ve gotten, the more artistically productive I’ve become. I have more turbo thoughts, have more desire to walk around more, and to create more!
More scholars should body-build.
When you do mental labor, it takes much physical power and energy.
Thus doesn’t it make sense that if you have a stronger body and frame (more muscle) — your ability to do deep scholarship would improve?
My Muscle Philosophy
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
Street Photography Starter Kit
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- The Film Shooter
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
MUSE by KIM