Towards personal aesthetics:
Why lower your body fat percentage?
Let us not be fooled; a lower body fat percentage is desirable and superior to having a high body fat percentage. For men, around 10% seems ideal, for women around 20%.
The difference between body fat and weight:
The goal is not to be ‘over-fat’ (better metric) than being ‘over-weight’.
For example if you’re 5 foot 10 at 200 pounds with 40% body fat, your bodily composition is far different than someone who is 5 foot 10 with 200 pounds of 10% body fat percentage.
The goal for both men and women: lower body fat and body fat percentage, and increase muscle mass. The notion of ‘losing weight‘ is the red herring.
Why lower your body fat?
You can be super buff and swole but if you have a high body fat percentage, you won’t be able to see the definition in your muscles. If you desire to look like a greek statue, the goal is to get your body fat percentage around 10% (for us men). And of course, to continually augment our muscle mass.
Why I don’t believe in genetics
Belief in genetics is bad. Why? Genetics is low key racist.
Also, when you have too much belief in genetics, you prevent from striving harder.
For example as an Asian American man, I was always low key racist towards myself! The gist is:
I am Asian, and can never become as strong as African American men.
This is bad thinking. I know tons of skinny African American kids and buff asian American guys.
No more racism, and best; no racism towards ourselves!
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!