Towards personal aesthetics:
Why lower your body fat percentage?
Let us not be fooled; a lower body fat percentage is desirable and superior to having a high body fat percentage. For men, around 10% seems ideal, for women around 20%.
The difference between body fat and weight:
The goal is not to be ‘over-fat’ (better metric) than being ‘over-weight’.
For example if you’re 5 foot 10 at 200 pounds with 40% body fat, your bodily composition is far different than someone who is 5 foot 10 with 200 pounds of 10% body fat percentage.
The goal for both men and women: lower body fat and body fat percentage, and increase muscle mass. The notion of ‘losing weight‘ is the red herring.
Why lower your body fat?
You can be super buff and swole but if you have a high body fat percentage, you won’t be able to see the definition in your muscles. If you desire to look like a greek statue, the goal is to get your body fat percentage around 10% (for us men). And of course, to continually augment our muscle mass.
Why I don’t believe in genetics
Belief in genetics is bad. Why? Genetics is low key racist.
Also, when you have too much belief in genetics, you prevent from striving harder.
For example as an Asian American man, I was always low key racist towards myself! The gist is:
I am Asian, and can never become as strong as African American men.
This is bad thinking. I know tons of skinny African American kids and buff asian American guys.
No more racism, and best; no racism towards ourselves!
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- The Film Shooter
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
MUSE by KIM
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
Street Photography Starter Kit
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book