My new theory:
Digestion health is key.
Why is it that stomach aches and food poisoning is worse than headaches and migraines?
To live is to eat food. Thus, your stomach is the ultimate determiner of “health” than any other measures.
What doesn’t settle well with me. I detest these foods because they fuck up my digestion, cause me pain, and ruin my mood:
- Lactose, dairy, cheese, milk, butter isn’t good for me. Delicious, but lots of stomach pain. East Asian (Korean) people probably haven’t had enough time to adapt to this diet.
- Coconut products: Delicious, but similar. Cindy (Vietnamese, south East Asian) can process it fine, but not me.
- Wheat products: Irritates my digestion.
- Sugar: I don’t like how it makes me feel — the huge insulin rush. I don’t like sweet foods.
Since eliminating these things from my diet, my digestion and mood has improved 1000x.
What happens to my physiology?
It seems when I eat these foods, my mood worsens, and I sleep worse. I wake up irritated, literally — both my stomach and mentally. Bowel movements are painful and don’t feel great.
For myself, a meat-forward diet. Lots of fatty cuts of meat, and butter greens (kale, collard greens), and fermented foods (Kimchi, sauerkraut). Lots of water, black coffee, green tea. That it. And also intermittent fasting — no food intake during the day (no breakfast or lunch), and breaking my fast typically around 5pm. Sometimes early as 3pm, sometimes late as 11pm.
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Take your street photography to the next level:
- August 27 (Friday): SEATTLE MASTER STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - [NOW LIVE!]
- September 11 (Saturday): DOWNTOWN LA ADVANCED STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - [NEW!]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.