PERSONAL THOUGHTS ON MY WORKOUT PHILOOSPHY:
If it ain’t fun, it ain’t worth doing.
2. Personal fun challenges
FOR EXAMPLE — POWERLIFTING. It doesn’t really matter. It is more of a fun challenge for myself.
You don’t gotta prove nothing to nobody else. Just do it for fun, to prove it to yourself.
3. Don’t count reps.
You don’t gotta count reps. Just do it for fun.
My pragmatic idea:
Keep doing reps, as long as it feels good for your muscle [pleasure].
When you lift weights or move your body, the point ain’t to do lots of reps. The point is this:
As you are stressing and challenging your body, you get “feel good” hormones while doing it.
Just throw around rocks and play around!
It ain’t “working out” or “exercise”. No. It is adult play! Adult fun!
5. Admire the progress and the spoils of your efforts
If you don’t flex you’re a sucker.
Why flex? To enjoy your progress. For yourself!
You don’t need to flex to impress nobody else but yourself. What greater joy is it than to look great in the mirror naked, before you take a shower? You see your body all-day. Why not sculpt your body into a beautiful piece of marble?
Or in other words:
Some people aspire to buy a Lamborghini. I aspire to transform and build my own body into a Lambo!
6. Don’t weigh yourself
Just look at yourself in the mirror. This is the best judge.
7. I have no discipline.
I never gotta ‘motivate’ or force myself to workout, exercise. No. It is play! I do it for the joy in itself!
I think once we change our mindset, and discover exercises and movements we genuinely enjoy — this is the road to health.
8. Meat is the ultimate reward.
Also my theory:
Conclusion: Experiment for yourself and have fun!
Treat yourself as “n=1”. You are your own self experiment. Have fun!
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
MUSE by KIM
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- The Film Shooter
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
Street Photography Starter Kit