Lessons I wish I knew:
Principle 1: Fatty Meat is king.
If your goal is to maximize muscle mass, fatty meats is king.
Principle 2: Both body weight AND weight lifting
Funny enough, I actually got more swole from working out at home during COVID-19 than I ever did at the gym. Why? I just workout more frequently, every day, every body part every day. Pushing myself to the max.
Principle 3: Just use what you got, and do it all day, every day.
Lifting weights at home (dumbbell), and also body weight exercises (one handed pushups, one legged pistols, planche, etc).
In terms of workouts, I just try to keep it fun and interesting to myself. Vary it up! Just don’t do any boring exercises. It must be fun, challenging, hard, and difficult.
Principle 4: Vanity is good.
I like to flex and I like my body. It is a vanity thing. I see vanity is good.
Principle 5: Genetics don’t exist
Anyone who believes in genetics and muscle building may be a low-key racist (either knowingly or unknowingly). This assumes:
Some races are better than other races at putting on muscle.
Belief in genetics and different “body types” leads to fatalism.
For example, everyone is so surprised at the gym when I can deadlift 455 pounds. Why? Because I’m Asian! They would probably be less surprised if I did the same if I were African American (we tend to think of Asian men as physically inferior to African-American men).
Principle 6: All human beings can get buff with enough time, training, and meat.
If you are a human being, you have the capability to add muscle mass and subtract body fat. Simple principles:
- Lift heavy weights every day (and body weight exercises)
- Eat a lot of meat
- Sleep a lot
That’s it. Doesn’t matter if you’re male or female or your race.
Flexing is good.
We are allowed to flex our material possessions, but not our body. Why not? This is ridiculous!
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
MUSE by KIM
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
Street Photography Starter Kit
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- The Film Shooter
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499