Why is meat demonized?
Too many animal rights activists are meddling in the science when it comes to meat consumption.
I think it is fine if we are opposed to meat for ethical, moral, or environmental reasons, but we shouldn’t confound it with the science and human physiology sides of things.
Would a starving man prefer a fatty T-bone steak or a bowl of quinoa?
Meat is delicious. Why? My theory:
Our taste buds prefer foods with higher nutrition density and quality, which is meat.
Also, why is it that fatty cuts of meat (beef ribs) taste superior to lean cuts of meat like filet mignon? Because the fattier it is, the more nutritious it is. Contrary to popular belief, saturated fat (inside meat) isn’t bad for you.
Eating fat doesn’t make you fat.
What makes one fat? Sugar, starch, high fructose corn syrup, fructose, fruits, sucrose, alcohol (beer, wine, etc), and starchy veggies. Also potatoes, rice, flour, bread, etc.
Why vegan and vegetarianism?
Vegan is a more modern version of vegetarianism. Vegan comes from shortening the vegetarian word. So in some sense, the philosophy of veganism is just a more extreme version of vegetarianism.
Vegetarian/vegan for ethical purposes, or for health reasons, or both?
This is the tricky thing:
If you opt to become a vegetarian or vegan… are you doing it for moral-ethical reasons, or for health reasons, or for both?
If you become vegetarian or vegan for ethical-moral reasons, no problem. But if you’re doing it for health reasons, we must consider this thought more critically.
Why do people think meat is bad from a health perspective?
The general belief:
Saturated fat (which only exists in meat) will clog your arteries and cause you to get a heart attack and die.
The general notion is the more meat or saturated fats you eat, the more plaque builds up in your arteries. And with too much blockage in your arteries, a heart attack will happen.
But how true is this?
Intermittent fasting and meat consumption
I fast. This means I don’t eat breakfast or lunch, and I break my fast with a huge meal (mostly meat, bitter herbs, kale, collard greens, kimchi). I don’t eat carbs or sugar. No fruits, carbs (even the “good” complex ones). No legumes, beans. No brown rice. No whole wheat pasta. No wheat anything. And because I’m East Asian, no dairy (no cheese, milk, etc).
So what can I eat?
Simple. Meat! Lots of it! My goal is to actually eat more meat; I’m striving towards 5 pounds of meat a day. I don’t count macros, calories, micro nutrition or any of that pseudo science. I just eat enough meat until I’m full.
How to augment your muscular gains
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- Flesh over Metal
- Why Lower Your Bodyfat?
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- The Film Shooter
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
Street Photography Starter Kit
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
MUSE by KIM
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19