In praise of working out in public and at the park and beyond:
The biggest reason:
As we are talking … gyms aren’t even open.
Thus the thought:
Perhaps we should think of the streets, park, public places like our ultimate gym … playground, jungle urban gym!
Be creative, be ghetto, and have audacity
The biggest thing:
Have the chutzpah to workout in public.
You just gotta find bars, poles … whatever you can do chinups, pull-ups, dips, etc on.
Also, realize you can do a LOT with bodyweight exercises. For example, certain feats of strength which are fun to work towards:
- Muscle up
- 1 handed pushup and 1 handed dive bomber
- Elevated 1 handed pushup and 1 handed dive bomber
- Dips off the ground, with elevated feet while keeping your palms on the floor
- Wall pushups
- Ring chinups, ring muscle up [I am working toward this], ring dips
- One legged pistol squats.
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- How Much Meat Can You Eat in a Day?
- APEX MALE MASCULINITY
HOW I WORKOUT AT THE PARK
- How to Lose Fat
- How I Became Stronger and Buffer and More Swole During and After Quarantine
- What is Skinny-Fat?
- In Praise of Working Out at the Park
- Why Meat is Good
- Flesh over Metal
- Why Lower Your Bodyfat?
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
MUSE by KIM
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- The Film Shooter
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- STREET NOTES $ 19
Street Photography Starter Kit
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149