Certainly from a body composition perspective, having a lower bodyfat percentage is preferable. Around 10% for men, 20% for women.
But the trillion dollar question:
What is the most effective way to lose fat (body fat, adipose tissue)?
What I’ve discovered thus far:
1. Intermittent fasting
No breakfast or lunch. Breaking your fast when the sun goes down (6-8pm). Consume lots of fatty meats and bitter greens (kale, collard greens).
2. Abstain from sugar, starch, carbs, alcohol, legumes, fruits and “veggies”
To lose body fat, it isn’t about what to eat, it is what NOT to eat (via negativa). Same goes with liquids and fluids and other substances.
My theory on why we get fat, and how to lose fat has to do with hormonal signaling via insulin. Thus anything which spikes your insulin high (and frequently) is bad for fat gain.
Just from my personal experiences I’ve discovered that eating any starchy foods, carbs (yes, even the “good ones”) leads to me accumulating body fat. Some things I’ve cut out in order to keep my body fat percentage low. This is what I DO’NT eat:
- Potatoes (all tubers, yams, etc)
- Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots (I’m convinced these are very starchy, and not a “true” vegetable like kale, spinach, or collard greens).
- No fruit (I believe all modern fruits are bred to become too hyper sweet; it’s like eating candy with a good conscience)
- No alcohol, beer, wine, spirits, etc.
- No legumes (causes me to fart too much, and also it is high in starch). Includes beans, peanuts, lentils, etc.
- No sugar, high fructose corn syrup, no honey, no “natural” sweeteners, or no “zero calorie” sweeteners
- No rice (brown or white), no pasta, etc.
3. Then what to eat?
What I eat:
- Fatty cuts of meat (pork, beef, chicken, etc).
- Bitter greens (kale, spinach, collard greens, mustard greens)
- Fermented foods (kimchi, sauerkraut)
- Cocoa nibs
4. Physiology is the goal
Also, when I have a lower bodyfat percentage, I feel more beautiful. I prefer the aesthetics of myself with a lower body fat percentage, especially when I flex naked in front of the mirror before I take a shower.
5. Ruthlessly self experiment
What worked for me might not work for you. So just keep experimenting for yourself and discover what works best for you.
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- How I Became Stronger and Buffer and More Swole During and After Quarantine
What is Skinny-Fat?
- In Praise of Working Out at the Park
- Why Meat is Good
- Flesh over Metal
- Why Lower Your Bodyfat?
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss