Some ways in which working out at the park is actually better and superior to working out at the gym:
1. More naturalistic.
To be outdoors in open spaces; far more natural than being stuck indoors. More similar to the ancient gymnasiums (open air spaces) of Ancient Greece. Gymnasium actually refers to ‘gumnos‘ (Ancient Greek for “naked”) because the Ancient Greek athletes actually worked out and competed naked. ‘Gumnasion‘ in Ancient Greek means bodily exercise.
I know for myself, I enjoy working out with other guys in the outdoors, shirt off, and being able to both chat, socialize and workout.
2. Open air spaces and the fresh air is better for hygiene and health?
The philosophy of fresh air, and open air places.
3. More fun and challenging?
To me, working out at the park is like a cool breakdancing move. You wanna do feats of strength like a muscle up, then muscle up on rings, etc.
I find it challenging and insanely fun!
4. Sharing tips, and learning new tips from others
I like the park is like a community. We all learn from one another, and workout together.
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- Why I Workout
- WHY PHOTOGRAPHERS SHOULD WORKOUT
- How to Increase Your Testosterone
- My Workout Philosophy
- How Appearance Matters
- How I Workout at Home
- My Philosophy of Food
- The Best Park Workouts
- How to Quit Sugar
- How to Workout in the Streets and Park
- How Much Meat Can You Eat in a Day?
- APEX MALE MASCULINITY
HOW I WORKOUT AT THE PARK
- How to Lose Fat
- How I Became Stronger and Buffer and More Swole During and After Quarantine
- What is Skinny-Fat?
- In Praise of Working Out at the Park
- Why Meat is Good
- Flesh over Metal
- Why Lower Your Bodyfat?
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- The Film Shooter
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
MUSE by KIM
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
Street Photography Starter Kit
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0