My personal philosophy on working out, fitness, aesthetics, etc:
It must be fun
To workout or get fit ain’t no moralistic duty. It is supposed to be fun!
Fitness is social. Like the Ancient Greek gymnasiums of the past (which were essentially open-air areas where men hung out, worked out, and chatted). Park is superior to the gym, because social interaction is encouraged. In the gym, everyone is extremely anti social, with headphones and phones plugged in.
Making new friends, diverse new views and opinions
The best way to increase ‘diversity’ in your life? Go to the park. Workout with other guys from all walks of life. Then share your opinions. Treat it like the water-cooler, but in public. Public life is the best life.
Certainly there is no right and wrong when it comes to fitness and working out. My suggestion:
When you see someone who seems very physically impressive, ask him or her for tips.
This ain’t no competition. We can all get the gains together.
Don’t workout with headphones on
The best way to promote anti social fitness behavior: working out with headphones.
Watch the old school Arnold bodybuilding documentary. Ask yourself:
Is anyone listening to headphones when working out?
No! Sure they are blasting music in the background, but working out was far more social.
Working out with a phone is death. Less focus. Also, notice the bodybuilders and powerlifters of the past were not addicted to the gram! Much better environment.
Natural way of working out?
When living in Vietnam, to workout at the park was the only legitimate way to workout.
Social life is the only life in Vietnam. I learned a lot from being here. All the guys with their shirt off, working out, chatting, socializing, and shooting the shit. Nobody with headphones on. Even music is rare.
Modern day working out
To workout ain’t no moral or ethical obligation. Workout in a spirit of fun. Make new friends. Aim for intensity, not reps.
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- How Appearance Matters
- How I Workout at Home
- My Philosophy of Food
- The Best Park Workouts
- How to Quit Sugar
- How to Workout in the Streets and Park
- How Much Meat Can You Eat in a Day?
- APEX MALE MASCULINITY
HOW I WORKOUT AT THE PARK
- How to Lose Fat
- How I Became Stronger and Buffer and More Swole During and After Quarantine
- What is Skinny-Fat?
- In Praise of Working Out at the Park
- Why Meat is Good
- Flesh over Metal
- Why Lower Your Bodyfat?
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
Street Photography Starter Kit
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- The Film Shooter
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
MUSE by KIM
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10