It is all in the legs
As a photographer it is very physical. You must stand, run, leap, crouch to get the shot. Thus, strong legs, strong hips are good.
In praise of the park
Simple workouts to do to strengthen yourself which are huuuugely advantageous to photography:
- Pistol one legged body weight squat
- Hip thrusters
- Military press
- Dive bomber pushups
THUNDER THIGHS IS THE GOAL!
My Muscle Philosophy:
Treat your body as sculpture.
This is not my body
The first thing:
I don’t see my body as belonging to me. I look at my body like it belongs to someone else.
When I look at the Lamborghini of someone else, I admire it. When I see the muscles and physiques of anyone else, I admire it. Then I had the epiphany:
Why not transform my own body into a Lambo, and admire my own body instead?
The great logic:
- It is far cheaper to get buff than to buy a Lambo.
- The human body is the apex beauty. This means your personal goal in life should be to beautify your own personal body to the maximum (without plastic surgery, steroids, etc).
- Ultimate democratic approach: Genetics doesn’t matter. Sex doesn’t matter. Racial ethnicity doesn’t matter. Anyone can both add muscle mass and subtract fat.
- It doesn’t cost much to get ripped. Just intermittent fast [no breakfast, no lunch], one big ass meal a day, and mostly a ‘ketogenic’ diet.
- Your body is always with you. Why not beautify your body to inspire yourself?
The joy of sculpting your own body
To sculpt your own body is insanely fun. Why? You can see the change over time!
Once again, the goal is simple:
Never stop adding muscle mass, and never stop reducing body fat, or keeping it low (around 10%).
Muscle and your body is highly practical.
The more muscle you have, the more energy you got. The more power you got to make art-work, and live with gratitude, joy, and hyper-vigor.
Strengthen on, and flex on!
- How to Increase Your Testosterone
- My Workout Philosophy
- How Appearance Matters
- How I Workout at Home
- My Philosophy of Food
- The Best Park Workouts
- How to Quit Sugar
- How to Workout in the Streets and Park
- How Much Meat Can You Eat in a Day?
- APEX MALE MASCULINITY
HOW I WORKOUT AT THE PARK
- How to Lose Fat
- How I Became Stronger and Buffer and More Swole During and After Quarantine
- What is Skinny-Fat?
- In Praise of Working Out at the Park
- Why Meat is Good
- Flesh over Metal
- Why Lower Your Bodyfat?
- How to Augment Your Recovery
- Increase Intensity, not Reps
- My Park Workout
- How to Fast
- HOW I WORKOUT FROM THE PARK
- How I Got So Swole
- Pure Power or Sculpture?
- How to Workout in the Streets
- How to Workout At Home With No Equipment
- Super Saiyan is the Goal
- MY POWERLIFTING PHILOSOPHY
- MY EXERCISE/WORKOUT PHILOSOPHY
- What if Mood Originates in the Stomach and Gut? Digestion Health
- Why I Don’t Consume Protein Powder or Supplements
- Real vs Fake // Natural vs Unnatural
- You Can’t Fake Strength
- How to Grow Your Muscles
- How to Add Muscle and Subtract Fat at the Same Time
- ERIC KIM BODY MUSCLE FLEX
- Don’t Build Muscle, Build Strength.
- Visual Kinesthesia: Muscles and Art
- How to Maximize Muscle Growth and Fat Loss
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
Street Photography Starter Kit
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
MUSE by KIM
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- STREET NOTES $ 19
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- The Film Shooter
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20