If we imagine real life like a Diablo II analogy; it seems that the apex pursuit is player versus player combat. PVP.
For example, when it comes down to it, only thing that people really care for is to get the best equipment, the most rare and legendary weapons and armor, an amulet, in order to maximize their player versus player come back abilities. For example, the barbarian and whirlwind in Diablo II seemed to be the best character.
In modern day times, we don’t really pit individuals against each other. Besides the UFC, boxing, there is no real big notion of a single player versus another single player. Instead, we moderns are all about fighting big concepts, but concepts are not real. People are.
Therefore, may be a better pursuit in life is to think of yourself as the primary character, and your interactions are just player versus player. For example, even social conversation; having the social courage to dominate a conversation. Or to charm or interest other person. This is where I think a lot of people are interested in the art of seduction; all the males identify the most beautiful and apex woman, and all the males strive to use their charming abilities in order to bed her.
Therefore, perhaps a better pursuit is for us to seek out more interesting solo individuals. For example, for myself, I could really care less about Tesla and SpaceX; I am more interested in Elon Musk as the individual. The same thing with Kanye West; I am not that interested in his clothing, I’m more interested in his personality.
Even with Apple; the only interesting people associated were Apple was Steve Jobs, and Jony Ive. But now that Steve Jobs is dead, and Jony Ive has left, Apple is no longer interesting.
The same thing with Google; Sergey Brin and Larry page were the only interesting people at Google. Now that they have left, Google has become a sort of strange Skynet; no true innovators or interesting individuals at the helm.
Where have all the interesting individuals gone?
Become the change which you desire to see manifested in the world!
- How I became so influential
- WE LOVE THE *SENSATION* OF RISK-TAKING
- WHY HIGH PROFIT MARGINS?
- INNOVATION THOUGHTS
- OVERCONFIDENCE IS GOOD.
- GARAGE ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- PERHAPS IT IS GOOD TO BE “DELUSIONAL”
- USE YOUR WEALTH TO BUY STUFF, OR TO BUILD AND INNOVATE STUFF?
- HOW TO THRIVE
- Target Demographic
- Ambition Over Happiness
- Anti Collaboration
- The Will to Economy
- Why New?
- CHOOSE ADRENALINE.
- No Looking Back.
- 1000x Different
- BECOME SPENDTHRIFT
- THE BENEFIT OF JUST ONE.
- EXTREME INNOVATION.
- Practicality is Boring
- BECOME YOUR OWN STANDARD.
- NEVER STOP ITERATING.
- Take Lots of Small Financial Risks
- Control Over Convenience
- Why Are Chinese Companies So Innovative?
- INSANELY DIFFERENT.
- Why Doesn’t Anything Ever Satisfy Me?
- THE GREAT PASSION.
- Perhaps Dissatisfaction is Good
- ONE REP MAX.
- WHAT DO YOU *REALLY* WANT IN LIFE?
- LIFE IS ABOUT STRIVING FOR MORE.
- NEVER STOP LINKING.
- THE GREATEST.
- WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!
- THE BEST IS YET TO COME.
- ERIC KIM CRITIQUE OF ROMANTICISM
- JUST BUY IT.
- ALL ABOUT YOU.
- MOVE THE WORLD
- Boring or Not Boring?
- What if Your Past Self were Inferior to Your Present Self?
- THE PHILOSOPHY OF PROGRESS
- CULTURE IS YOUR ENEMY.
- Difficulty & Interest
- The Will to Expansion
- What is Work?
- SOUL IN THE GAME.
- JUST START IT.
- Not Boring
- PRIDE IN YOUR OWN NAME / BRAND
- AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TOLERATE.
- Speed is Paramount
- TAKE IT BACK TO THE BEGINNING.
- A Life With No Risk Taking is *NOT* a Life Worth Living
- Dissatisfaction is Good
- GREATER STRENGTH, GREATER CHALLENGES.
- In Praise of the New
- Uncorrupted Desires
- You Cannot Fake Passion
- FORM YOURSELF.
- Personal Entrepreneurship
- PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.
- A Life of Expansion
- YOU ARE THE EXCEPTION.
- Use Your Life as an Experiment to Self-Develop Yourself to Heights Never Seen Before
- Invest in New Developments
- Investing Towards What End?
- The 90%/10% Principle in Entrepreneurship
- Speed Wins
- The Philosophy of Happiness
- When to Over-Estimate, When to Under-Estimate?
- Never Stop Iterating
- Money as a Tool for Life and Artistic Experimentation
- Less But More Premium
- Mainstream vs Low-Key Success
- Why Dissatisfaction is Good
- SEEK YOUR OWN PERSONAL MAXIMAL BENEFIT INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING
- Manifest Your Destiny
- Is it Best to *Not* Communicate Your Inner Thoughts or Ideas With Others?
- CREATE THINGS YOU WISH TO SEE MANIFESTED IN THE WORLD
- How to Do More Work
- Competition is for Losers
- Your Competitive Advantage with Insanely Fast Wifi and High Speed Internet
- Pseudo Individualism
- Natural Internal Promoting vs External Promptings
Think for Yourself.
- Survival vs Thrivival
- Become Rich
- Why it is Better to Beg for Forgiveness than Ask for Permission
- Thinking About the Past Prevents You From Thinking About the Future
- How to Predict the Future
- Tools of Mass Distraction
- So What?
Never stop innovating.
- What is Your Dream in Life?
- 8 Blogging Productivity Tips
- Why Be Normal?
- How Much Suffering Are You Willing to Endure to Achieve Your Dreams?
Put a Dent in the Universe.