Can’t stop, won’t stop!
Relentless — or the marketing tagline of the new Porsche 911 Turbo.
Relentless — an interesting motto to live our lives by. Technically it means to “not bend” (lentare means “to bend” in Latin). Lentus can also mean “slow, sluggish, sticky”. In common American English now, I think we interpret being “relentless” as being steadfast, and never giving up.
Taking it back to the Porsche 911– it is a fascinating car and concept because it has essentially been the same car design concept for many decades. Every generation and version just a little bit better and more refined (the “kaizen” approach). And as we know in biology — there are no such thing as huge leaps. Every step is an intermediate one — nature evolves piecemeal, step by step. One generation isn’t a huge thing — what matters is the longevity, continuity and progression of things.
For families, this might mean “generational wealth” as JAY Z talks a lot about. For myself personally now that I have a son, I don’t worry about myself too much. I know he will continue building something epic. My legacy is my life and my work, and the knowledge, wisdom, and attitude I give and teach my son (and other hypothetical future children).
Never letting up
As Nietzsche once said — the things of the highest value on earth are its durability. For us, this means:
How long can we last?
How can we position ourselves or live in such a way in which we *improve* over time, even given the cruel jaws of time?
Perhaps the ethos of being “relentless” is the key, and aiming for longevity!
And how does one achieve longevity?
Never do anything you don’t want to do, only pursue those things which interest and impassion you!
Become the change which you desire to see manifested in the world!
- PUT YOUR NAME ON IT.
- A Life of Expansion
- YOU ARE THE EXCEPTION.
- Use Your Life as an Experiment to Self-Develop Yourself to Heights Never Seen Before
- Invest in New Developments
- Investing Towards What End?
- The 90%/10% Principle in Entrepreneurship
- Speed Wins
- The Philosophy of Happiness
- When to Over-Estimate, When to Under-Estimate?
- Never Stop Iterating
- Money as a Tool for Life and Artistic Experimentation
- Less But More Premium
- Mainstream vs Low-Key Success
- Why Dissatisfaction is Good
- SEEK YOUR OWN PERSONAL MAXIMAL BENEFIT INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING
- Manifest Your Destiny
- Is it Best to *Not* Communicate Your Inner Thoughts or Ideas With Others?
- CREATE THINGS YOU WISH TO SEE MANIFESTED IN THE WORLD
- How to Do More Work
- Competition is for Losers
- Your Competitive Advantage with Insanely Fast Wifi and High Speed Internet
- Pseudo Individualism
- Natural Internal Promoting vs External Promptings
Think for Yourself.
- Survival vs Thrivival
- Become Rich
- Why it is Better to Beg for Forgiveness than Ask for Permission
- Thinking About the Past Prevents You From Thinking About the Future
- How to Predict the Future
- Tools of Mass Distraction
- So What?
Never stop innovating: “Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship“.
- What is Your Dream in Life?
- 8 Blogging Productivity Tips
- Why Be Normal?
- How Much Suffering Are You Willing to Endure to Achieve Your Dreams?
Put a Dent in the Universe.