To survive is basic. It is impossible *NOT* to survive in today’s soft new world. If you follow orders, pay attention, are studious, do well in tests, listen to the boss, you will inevitably climb the social and corporate ladder, make more money, have kids, buy the house and Lexus, whatever. But to me … this is by far the most basic life.
What we are hungry for is thrivival (thriving). How to do this? My ideas:
What does ‘thrive’ even mean?
Upon searching wiktionary.org it seems the definition of ‘thrive‘ can mean two things:
- To prosper (financially)
- To increase in bulk, stature (‘vigeo’ in Latin).
Essentially the gist is this:
To thrive is to keep growing (‘physis’ in Ancient Greek).
To keep growing is the goal. To quote Bob Dylan:
“If you ain’t growing, you’re dying”.
What is ‘growth’ anyways?
As an empiricist, let us start from the fundamentals and basics — human physiological growth. Simply put:
How to add more muscle mass to your body.
The best growth and most important growth is human physiological growth. For both men and women this means:
How to add muscle mass and how to DECREASE or subtract body fat (adipose tissue).
- During the day, intermittent fast.
- While fasted, lift weights. Walk around a lot. Get fresh air. Do any type of exercises you feel like; whether body weight exercises (calisthenics), whether weight lifting (powerlifting or bodybuilding style) or yoga or whatever you’re into.
- When you break your fast (preferably when the sun goes down, Ramadan style), eat a shitload of meat (I aim for 5-10 pounds of meat a day). I don’t eat ‘vegetables’, only bitter greens (kale, collard greens) or fermented foods like sauerkraut or kimchi.
- Sleep very early (nowadays I try to get into bed and shut the curtains at around 7:30pm).
This will easily result in muscular growth, and loss of body fat tissue (adipose tissue).
DON’T be stuck in stasis
My first intervention:
The best way to thrive is to *NOT* be stuck in a state of stasis.
This is a ‘via negativa’ approach to the solution:
To figure out how to thrive, figure out how to *NOT* rot and decay.
Entrepreneurship by KIM
Become the change which you desire to see manifested in the world!
- Become Rich
- Why it is Better to Beg for Forgiveness than Ask for Permission
- Thinking About the Past Prevents You From Thinking About the Future
- How to Predict the Future
- Tools of Mass Distraction
- So What?
Never stop innovating: “Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship“.
- What is Your Dream in Life?
- 8 Blogging Productivity Tips
- Why Be Normal?
- How Much Suffering Are You Willing to Endure to Achieve Your Dreams?
Put a Dent in the Universe.