Let us assume you will live to be 120 years old in excellent physical and cognitive health. What do you desire to accomplish, do, achieve, or create while you’re still alive?
1. Decide what you don’t really care for or value
I think the first point:
Determine what you DON’T care about in life, and what you will decide NOT to waste your precious life-force on.
In modern society, what we value is money, buying a house, buying fancy cars, living a more ‘luxury’ lifestyle, becoming more famous, etc.
I think it is important to figure out what the biases are in the society/culture you live in, and after that– determine whether you really care for these values.
2. Your life goals are in flux.
My life goals from when I was younger until now are different. Over the years, I’ve accomplished some goals. I’ve also decided that some life goals I once desired, I determined that I no longer was interested in it.
Essentially what I mean to say is this:
Your life goals will never be static. They will always be in a state of flux, and changing.
And at any point you determine– you can decide:
This goal is no longer for me. I no longer deem this goal important to me.
You can change your life goals in a day, in a week, in a month, in a year, or in a decade.
My basic idea is this:
Perhaps it is good to have a general direction to life (like sailing a boat at sea)– but it is impossible to determine what we will encounter during our journey in life.
3. There are no ‘superior’ or ‘inferior’ life goals
It isn’t necessary to compare your life goals with anybody else. If you deem that your life goals are important to you– than give a middle-finger to anyone else who tells you otherwise.
No matter how epic, noble, or great you think your life goal is– there will ALWAYS be people out there who will deem your life goal to be ‘unworthy’ or ‘inferior’ (compared to what they believe in). Or they might simply try to disparage you and your life goals, out of a sense of their personal insecurity and their lack of self-faith in themselves.
4. My personal life goals
I cannot speak for you, but let me share with you my personal life goals at the moment:
Focus to come up with deeper thoughts, create more innovative ideas, and never stop making art which excites me.
But this is my own answer for myself, and this too will change over time.
5. Determine the answer for yourself
What is your life goal? Meditate and reflect on this– and determine it for yourself.
Dictate your meaning and purpose in your life with ZEN OF ERIC:
- Beyond Freedom
- Idolize People, Not Stuff
- What Makes You Stronger? What Makes You Weaker?
- Why Hate?
- The Secret of Happiness
- You’re Constantly in a State of Becoming
- Life is about Choices, Not Obligations
- First, Do What is Best for You.
- Live Dynamic
- How to Prosper
- Is the Point of Life to Be Satisfied?
- SUPREME EFFORT OF WILL.
- How to Become more Idealistic
- Thrivival 101
- Create Yourself
- How to Live a Heroic Life: Dare the Heights!
- Human Augmentation
- Happiness: Do What You Want to Do (And Don’t Do What You Don’t Want to Do)
- Avoid Vain (Empty) Pursuits in Life
- Modern Slavery
- Kill the Leeches
- Wisdom Augmentation
- Why We Need Friction in Life
- Straight Line Philosophy
- What’s Your End-Game in Life?
- Create Your Own Happiness Today
- Desire Both Pain and Pleasure in Life
- Try the Impossible
- Anti-Social Extrovert
- Never Blame Anybody But Yourself
- Human Flourishing
- Simpler, Not Better.
- How to be Free
- Embrace the Extremes
- Cultivate Your Own Culture
- Inner Power
- How to Live a Purposeful Life
- My Definition of Happiness
- Why Change is Good
- Why Work?
- How to Live the Happiest Possible Life
- The Two-Pronged Approach to Maximize Joy in Your Life
- You Always Have Another Option!
- Never Stop!
- What is Your Self-Directed Purpose in Life?
- Live Today Like it Were Your Last
- Do You Photograph to Live, or Live to Photograph?
- Live Life to the Fullest!
- In Praise of Selfishness
- Why You Must Be a YAY-SAYER to Succeed in Entrepreneurship and Life
- Why I Love Walking
- Live Life Like a Video Game!
- Simple Luxuries in Life
- Treat Your Life Like a Fun Experiment!
- Only Prove it to Yourself
- You Don’t Always Need to Feel Joyful to Live a Fulfilling and Meaningful Life
- Life is Too Short to Be Bored!
- Money Cannot Destroy Boredom
- How to Find Inspiration in Life
- Why You Must Ignore Haters to Succeed and Win in Life
- An Active Life is a Happy Life
- My Simple Joys in Life
- Never Stop Striving
- How to Motivate Yourself in Life
- How to Be Optimistic in Life
- How to Dictate Your Purpose in Life
- In Praise of a Dynamic Life
- How to Enjoy Life
- Photography Therapy
- How to Conquer Regret
- Take Your Play Very Seriously.
- How to Prosper
- Memento Vivere
- Destroy in Order to CREATE
- Trust Your Body More Than Your Mind
- Make Photos to Make Meaning in Your Life
- Seek Knowledge, Not Information
- The Purpose of Human Life
- How to Overcome Impedence
- Why I Love Death
- How to Be Centered in the Eternal Now
- How to Be Happy
- Why Do You Care What Others Think of You?
- Why I’m Happy
- Why I’m So Prolific
- How to Reduce LAG in Life
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- How to Be a Zen Street Photographer
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography
- How to Find Tranquility in Your Photography
Learn more: Start Here >