Something which has been on my mind ever since I was 18 years old:
What is the secret and key to photographic ‘success’, motivation, and thriving?
So what is it that we *really* want? Photographic motivation. And what is photographic motivation? It is having the energy, impetus, and the strong desire to go out and make *NEW* photos, or the motivation to take the pre-existing photos we already got to make new types of artwork (PDF E-BOOKS, slideshows, print books, etc).
1. Make a compilation of your photos
Or you can even make them as a compilation via blog posts, via the ‘slideshow’ feature, or make galleries in WordPress.
You can even ‘double dip’, by taking a project you’ve made (digitally) then make it into a physical object, like what we did with DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO:
Another idea I learned from Cindy’s students is this:
Use Google Slides to make digital e-books or an e-portfolio of your works, and you can use it to publish your e-book into a PDF, or just share the link to have others view it.
2. Find inspiration from others
3. RICOH GR III
I’ve shot with all the cameras out there, and by far the best camera is RICOH GR III. The other best camera is RICOH GR II. Why? RICOH GR III always fits in your front pocket (ERIC KIM WRIST STRAP MARK II) or it is the lightest camera you can always have with you (ERIC KIM NECK STRAP MARK II).
4. No genre
The best genre is no genre. Why? The more you can expand your creative canvas, the better.
I also find huge inspiration just photographing textures:
5. The never-ending journey
Seek to supersede yourself and become more:
- Pacifying Media, Motivational Media
- Our Hunger for New Experiences
- Mental Motivation
- ALL ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY.
- The Photographer as Creator
- Create *BEYOND* Yourself
- Let Your Curiosity Drive Your Photography
- LOVE YOUR PHOTOS.
- Abstract Monochrome Photography
- SHOOT WITHOUT THINKING.
- Just Have Fun With Photography
- Wu-Wei Effortless Motivation
- CONSISTENCY x NOVELTY
- Easily Bored?
- Face Photography
- How to Become More Self-Motivated in Your Photography
- YOUR OWN PHOTOS ARE THE BEST PHOTOS.
- On Sharing Your Favorite Photos
- Peak Photographic Productivity
- When to Review Your Photos
- Serotonin and Photos
- The Photos You Have Yet Shot are Your Most Important Photos
- 3 Tips How to Master Photography
- Do You Like Your Own Photos?
- The Beauty of Mundane, Everyday Moments
- Reasons Why to Be Optimistic About the Future
- A Photography-Full Future
- The More You Shoot, the Better
- How Many Photos Should You Shoot Everyday?
- Why Do We Love Motion?
- Now is Your Chance to Shoot History in the Making
- Photo by Photo
- How and Why Photography Remains So Interesting to Me
- How to Conquer Your Inner Photographic Critic
- Thoughts on HDR Photography
- New Year, New Photos
- Why Exhibit Your Photos?
- Photography is Visual Poetry
- What’s the Purpose of Art?
- Why Do We Photographers Have Such a Hard Time Staying Inspired and Motivated?
- On Becoming a More Optimistic Photographer
- Philosophy of Weather
- How to Become a More Optimistic Photographer and Human
- You Are a Creative Photographer
- JUST SHARE YOUR ARTISTIC PROCESS WITH OTHERS.
- What Motivates Me to Shoot?
- How to Maximize Yourself to the Fullest
- HOW TO MOVE AND MOTIVATE PEOPLE
- Autotelic Photography
- The more I go out and photograph the world, the more interesting and beautiful the world becomes
- Why Photographers Have Such Low Self-Esteem
- ERIC KIM MOTIVATION
- Why Am I So Unmotivated?
- EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY
- WHY ARE YOU SO UNMOTIVATED?
- Movement is Motivation
- How to Motivate Myself to Make New Photos
- Never Stop Optimizing
- How to Help and Motivate Others
- Feed On Your Own Photos; Let Them Nourish You!
- Competition is for Suckers
- A Future Without Travel
- How Google Can Improve Your Photography
- DEVELOP YOURSELF.
- NEVER STOP MOVING!
- How I Self-Motivate Myself
- Every Day the Sun is Birthed Anew
- A Life Without Photography Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- 8 Practical Photography Assignments for You
- Tabula Rasa, Blank Slate, Carte Blanche
- LIFE IS THE ULTIMATE RPG
- HYPER VIGOR
- FRESH AIR PHOTOS
- WHO IS GONNA THRIVE IN TODAY’S BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- ARTISTIC OPTIMISM
- PASSION, not Discipline
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- The Empowering Feeling of Failure
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography