The most empowering feeling in the world:
To attempt something truly epic, and then fail– and realizing that the failure wasn’t so bad or scary!
The wisdom of deadlifts
Why zen? Zen because before I attempt a PR (new personal record), I must empty my mind. No headphones. No music. No distractions. Just me, my hands, the bar, and the “one rep max” attempt to lift the weight.
Why stoic? To eliminate all fear of failure or ‘injury’. So much fear of injuring ourselves is what holds us back. And this ain’t just applied to powerlifting, but to life and entrepreneurship in general.
Attempt more than you think you’re capable of
This is the thing:
I think we are capable of MORE than we think we are.
What is my great superpower? My ego. Why my ego? Because I over-estimate what I am capable of, which is a HUGE BENEFIT to my life. Why? It makes me risk-loving, and makes me never doubt in myself. And even when I fail, it ain’t a big deal to me. I attempt a new PR in any of my lifts (deadlift, squat, benchpress) and I fail. No biggie– just eat more meat, take a few days off to augment my strength, then try again!
Never stop trying (FOR MORE!)
Seek to become more:
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography
Take your street photography to the next level:
- August 27 (Friday): SEATTLE MASTER STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - [NOW LIVE!]
- September 11 (Saturday): DOWNTOWN LA ADVANCED STREET PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP - [NEW!]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.