Today’s turbo thought:
To be human is to MOVE!
What is the point of life?
There is no ultimate purpose or point to life. The better question is this: While I am still alive, how do I desire to use/direct my human metabolism — toward which ends?
Why focus on movement?
- The reason we have a brain is for us to move.
- A human who doesn’t move has no need for a brain.
- When we stop moving or have no reason to move, we start to develop brain-mental-health maladies.
It seems the first step in our life is to maximize our physiological strength, well-being, and mind.
Is the point to just move all day?
Then comes the question:
Is the point for us to simply walk for 8 hours a day?
I experimented with this for a few days: using my open schedule to simply walk around all day. I would say this:
When you walk around all day, you are generally in a better mood. Less anxious and stressed. But after a while it gets boring.
Another goal in life
I think perhaps the goal is to maximize your feeling of artistic, physiological, and muscular strength.
For me, this is generally when I am at a coffee shop (standing desk), jamming out to music I like, and writing like a beast.
Also I get this feeling when I am teaching or speaking. I engage all of my faculties and skills. This is when I feel the most powerful and alive.
Get lost in the rapture of reality
I like this idea that we love being alive so much, and we love reality so much that we desire to live forever. Like Nietzsche’s notion of the ‘eternal return‘:
Live your life in accordance as if you were to live FOREVER.
In simple terms:
- Never stop moving
- Never stop traveling
- Never stop lifting weights
- Never stop questioning and wondering
- Never stop making photos
- Never stop making art!
Just shoot it:
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography