How do you stay inspired and motivated to photograph until you’re (beyond) 120 years old?
Enjoy the process.
Is it fun for you?
If photography isn’t fun for you, it is not worth doing. You don’t have any duty to make good photos. No — making photos should be akin to playing! Photography is playing!
Furthermore, photography is fun and challenging. If it is too easy, it is boring.
This is actually why I find street photography so fun; it is the ultimate adrenaline rush!
We street photographers are visual adrenaline junkies.
I know personally speaking, I have had the MOST FUN in street photography when I was challenged. When shooting was ‘scary’ for me:
Is a scary process a more fun process?
For myself, a more challenging and difficult process is more fun. This is why I love powerlifting so much; the fun and the ‘danger’ involved!
I am also attracted to people I find interesting. People who are beautiful, raw, edgy, and ‘different’:
Living an epic life is the best life
One of my favorite Nietzsche quotes on living the best possible life (maximizing your enjoyment in existence):
“The secret of realizing the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment of existence is: to live dangerously! Build your cities on the slopes of Vesuvius! Send your ships out into uncharted seas! Live in conflict with your equals and with yourselves! Be robbers and ravagers as soon as you cannot be rulers and owners, you men of knowledge! The time will soon past when you could be content to live concealed in the woods like timid deer!” – Nietzsche
Just shoot it:
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography