In today’s topsy turvy world, being optimistic is hard. But my happy thought is this:
The future world will continue to exist, and you will continue to thrive as a photographer.
Just imagine —
What new photos have you yet photographed?
A simple formula
This is the basic idea:
You have MORE excitement for future photos and experience you have yet experienced, while also still having gratitude for your past events, memories, and photos.
In practical terms:
Spend much time looking at your old photos to re-experience the positive past memories but also spending today to shoot new photos, and also planning for exciting new photo adventures in the future!
- How to Become a More Optimistic Photographer and Human
- Hopeful Photography
- Photographers Are Artists; Artists Are Photographers
You’re a creative photographer
Many fun activities you can do like:
- Apply fun filters to your photos (like chromatic aberration).
- Focus on improving your visual acuity
- Cross-pollinate between mathematics, geometry and photography. Archimedes as my new muse.
- Free ERIC KIM LIGHTROOM PRESETS
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources
- HENRI NECK STRAP MARK III (available in HAPTIC SHOP in both Mahogany Brown and Phantom Black)
Fun photo assignment for you:
Choose a photo you really like (of your own) and apply a unique filter to it, and upload your best photo to arsbeta.com
What I’m reading
What I’m thinking
- On YouTube: Why weather is overrated // why California is overrated
- Working with nature, instead of fighting nature.
Some books to get you going:
- MONOCHROME Free Black and White Street Photography PDF EBOOK by ERIC KIM
- Free PDF Street Photography EBook: ONLY IN AMERICA by ERIC KIM
- Free Photography PDF Book: SUITS by ERIC KIM
Seek to supersede yourself and become more:
- You Are a Creative Photographer
- JUST SHARE YOUR ARTISTIC PROCESS WITH OTHERS.
- What Motivates Me to Shoot?
- How to Maximize Yourself to the Fullest
- HOW TO MOVE AND MOTIVATE PEOPLE
- Autotelic Photography
- The more I go out and photograph the world, the more interesting and beautiful the world becomes
- Why Photographers Have Such Low Self-Esteem
- ERIC KIM MOTIVATION
- Why Am I So Unmotivated?
- EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY
- WHY ARE YOU SO UNMOTIVATED?
- Movement is Motivation
- How to Motivate Myself to Make New Photos
- Never Stop Optimizing
- How to Help and Motivate Others
- Feed On Your Own Photos; Let Them Nourish You!
- Competition is for Suckers
- A Future Without Travel
- How Google Can Improve Your Photography
- DEVELOP YOURSELF.
- NEVER STOP MOVING!
- How I Self-Motivate Myself
- Every Day the Sun is Birthed Anew
- A Life Without Photography Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- 8 Practical Photography Assignments for You
- Tabula Rasa, Blank Slate, Carte Blanche
- LIFE IS THE ULTIMATE RPG
- HYPER VIGOR
- FRESH AIR PHOTOS
- WHO IS GONNA THRIVE IN TODAY’S BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- ARTISTIC OPTIMISM
- PASSION, not Discipline
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- The Empowering Feeling of Failure
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography