The challenge a lot of us photographers face:
How can I discover intrinsic motivation to go out and make new photos?
1. Conquering perfectionism
Seeking perfection is anti-creativity. To create isn’t to strive for perfection, but to enjoy the *ACT* and the playful nature of creation. This is the goal.
2. To be interested, and to be interesting.
We must be interested in the world. To be interested is important. Latin ‘intersum‘, means “to be in-between”. Thus perhaps we as photographers are intermediaries — we lie in the *intersection* or *in-between* reality and camera. We are the intercessors, we make photos. We lie at the intersection. Thus we photograph what we find interest in, and in order to do so, we must leave our homes, go out and explore and actually shoot real photos in ‘real life’!
3. To make the NEW is the goal
The goal ain’t to make *perfect* photos. The goal is to just go out and make *any* new photos. And especially in today’s brave new COVID world, to even have the guts to go outside (anywhere) is an act of courage and bravery:
Seek to supersede yourself and become more!
- Never Stop Optimizing
- How to Help and Motivate Others
- Feed On Your Own Photos; Let Them Nourish You!
- Competition is for Suckers
- A Future Without Travel
- How Google Can Improve Your Photography
- DEVELOP YOURSELF.
- NEVER STOP MOVING!
- How I Self-Motivate Myself
- Every Day the Sun is Birthed Anew
- A Life Without Photography Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- 8 Practical Photography Assignments for You
- Tabula Rasa, Blank Slate, Carte Blanche
- LIFE IS THE ULTIMATE RPG
- HYPER VIGOR
- FRESH AIR PHOTOS
- WHO IS GONNA THRIVE IN TODAY’S BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- ARTISTIC OPTIMISM
- PASSION, not Discipline
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- The Empowering Feeling of Failure
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
MUSE by KIM
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- STREET NOTES $ 19
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- The Film Shooter
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
Street Photography Starter Kit