Originally sent on ERIC KIM NEWSLETTER
Happy Saturday! No idea where you are, or what your plans are, but I wanted to use this chance to let you know about my new upcoming online photography workshops >>
Also to introduce epic new tools for us photographers, such as the Google Vision AI which allows you to upload your photos, and get interesting visual analyses on your photos.
How to use Google Vision AI
- Go to https://cloud.google.com/vision and scroll down, and go to the ‘Try the API’ section (with the coupon dotted lines), and drag and drop a photograph in it (or click it, and upload a photograph).
- Check ‘I am not a robot’
- Click the different tabs to explore information on your photos
- Also you can click ‘Show JSON’ [bottom left corner in blue link] to see the code (how Google AI ‘thinks’)
- You can screenshot or save the image, to keep it for yourself.
Why analyze your photos with Google Vision AI?
To me, personal curiosity. To see how computers “think” and analyze our images. Considering we all live in the world of Google and AI, it is just a fun experiment!
Upload your photos to Google Cloud Vision API here: https://cloud.google.com/vision
Upload your photos to ARSBETA.COM
ARS BETA is my photography feedback platform I built with my friends and family. Truly the impetus is for you to get honest feedback and critique on your photos, and also for you to contribute your inner thoughts with other photographers.
Play with it on arsbeta.com and start getting real feedback on your photos.
Creative photography projects for the weekend
- Create your own website. Register for the cheapest plan on 1and1.com or bluehost.com and install wordpress.org
- Curate your portfolio. Figure out what your 5 favorite photos are of all-time. Then figure out your 1 favorite photo of all time. Then upload it to ARS to see what others think.
- Shoot some (socially distant) street photography with your mask on. I photographed some street photography at the protest the other day in providence Rhode Island. Right now we are experiencing the world in the making. Now is your time to document and create history.
Good and free reads for the weekend
- 100 Lessons From the Masters of Street Photography / [Direct Download PDF, Google Drive Link]
- MONOCHROME MANUAL PDF
- Zen Photography [PDF]
Other random books to read:
- The Iliad by Homer [PDF download]
- Horace: The Satires, Epistles, and ARS POETICA [PDF]
Upcoming ERIC KIM Online Photography Workshops
For more questions regarding the upcoming workshops, or for returning or student discounts, email my workshops manager Neil at email@example.com
- New ERIC KIM YouTube Videos >
- If you haven’t already, check out and subscribe to my ERIC KIM Podcast (available on Spotify, iTunes, and more. Just go to your Podcast manager and search ‘ERIC KIM’ in the Podcast store)
- Haptic Industries Store: Creative Tools to Empower You. Also see HAPTIC on AMAZON.
And when it comes down to it fellow streettogs, when in doubt, just shoot it.
Seek to supersede yourself and become more!
- DEVELOP YOURSELF.
- NEVER STOP MOVING!
- How I Self-Motivate Myself
- Every Day the Sun is Birthed Anew
- A Life Without Photography Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- 8 Practical Photography Assignments for You
- Tabula Rasa, Blank Slate, Carte Blanche
- LIFE IS THE ULTIMATE RPG
- HYPER VIGOR
- FRESH AIR PHOTOS
- WHO IS GONNA THRIVE IN TODAY’S BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- ARTISTIC OPTIMISM
- PASSION, not Discipline
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- The Empowering Feeling of Failure
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography