Why I hate competition:
As long as your motivation is external; this is bad. For example why I will never enter a powerlifting competition:
Why do I care what others think of me?
Also if you’re in a competition … how do you know other people aren’t juicing, taking steroids, or other weird human growth hormone-testosterone kind of stuff?
As long as you compete, you are in a fragile position. Your self-esteem depends on how well you do compared to others. The best and most robust form of self-esteem:
Don’t compete against anyone else. If you do wanna compete, just compete against yourself.
But even the best type of robust position:
Don’t even compete against yourself.
Just have fun, and just do it for intrinsic sake. Do it for the sake of it, because it interests you and because you like it!
Seek to supersede yourself and become more!
- A Future Without Travel
How Google Can Improve Your Photography
- DEVELOP YOURSELF.
- NEVER STOP MOVING!
- How I Self-Motivate Myself
- Every Day the Sun is Birthed Anew
- A Life Without Photography Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- 8 Practical Photography Assignments for You
- Tabula Rasa, Blank Slate, Carte Blanche
- LIFE IS THE ULTIMATE RPG
- HYPER VIGOR
- FRESH AIR PHOTOS
- WHO IS GONNA THRIVE IN TODAY’S BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- ARTISTIC OPTIMISM
- PASSION, not Discipline
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- The Empowering Feeling of Failure
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
MUSE by KIM
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- The Film Shooter
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
Street Photography Starter Kit
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- STREET NOTES $ 19