Why have I never met a self-confident photographer with high self-esteem? My thoughts:
First of all, we are always penis-envious of painters and other artists of the past. We photographers are the new masters of visual arts on the planet earth. Let us no water down our self-worth.
Photographers are trying too hard to gain the respect of their peers or superiors
We photographers have so low self esteem because we want others to admire us. We photographers are the first guinea pigs of the whole (crowd-sourced self-esteem via social media) generation. Why? Photography is the most disruptive form of arts creation out there. Now we can all become great photographers. And there are soooo many great photographers out there. Now we are all trying to climb on top of each other to become master photographer on top of our photography dung-hill. But in this quest, we try to climb on top of one another and end up just shooting ourselves in the foot.
In other words:
Photography ain’t zero-sum, the pie is infinite.
Seek to supersede yourself and become more:
- ERIC KIM MOTIVATION
- Why Am I So Unmotivated?
- EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY
- WHY ARE YOU SO UNMOTIVATED?
- Movement is Motivation
- How to Motivate Myself to Make New Photos
- Never Stop Optimizing
- How to Help and Motivate Others
- Feed On Your Own Photos; Let Them Nourish You!
- Competition is for Suckers
- A Future Without Travel
- How Google Can Improve Your Photography
- DEVELOP YOURSELF.
- NEVER STOP MOVING!
- How I Self-Motivate Myself
- Every Day the Sun is Birthed Anew
- A Life Without Photography Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- 8 Practical Photography Assignments for You
- Tabula Rasa, Blank Slate, Carte Blanche
- LIFE IS THE ULTIMATE RPG
- HYPER VIGOR
- FRESH AIR PHOTOS
- WHO IS GONNA THRIVE IN TODAY’S BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- ARTISTIC OPTIMISM
- PASSION, not Discipline
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- The Empowering Feeling of Failure
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography