I am a rational optimist. I believe in the future, and am excited for the future.
Right now, as we are trudging through the downsides of our covid lifestyles, it is easy to fall into existential dread, and loss of hope and motivation for the future. However, here are some optimistic thoughts for you:
1. Yes, there will be a future post-COVID
It looks like the way things are going, things are on the up and up. Covid vaccine is starting to get rolled out (I already know two people in my immediate friend circle who has got both doses of the vaccine). This means as time goes on, things will become better. It is just a matter of time.
But it does seem like we can wait; which means:
If you have the endurance to wait, things will naturally get better as time goes on.
It seems our biggest vice is impatience. But when we can harness patience to our benefit; this is great.
2. A future for crypto currencies and crypto technologies
For us technologists, I find a hugely pragmatic optimistic note for the future of crypto technologies and crypto currencies.
For example I am currently holding onto DGB (Digibyte) and LINK (ChainLink) and I am excited to see how my bets play out by the year 2035 (the year the last DGB and Bitcoin will be mined). I might be right or wrong, but this type of long-term gamble is interesting to me. To have a clear timeline and vision into the future (14 years from now) is exciting.
3. Future excitements in VR
Currently VR and virtual reality is still pretty reserved for the few; but the excitement:
As time goes on, VR will keep getting better as a creative tool.
Even now, it is quite awesome for Tilt Brush and Oculus Rift S. I am quite bored with the iPads/iPhones of today, but very excited for the Virtual Realities of tomorrow.
4. Future travels and photography
I am very excited for the future. As time goes on, I will have *MORE* photo opportunities, and will make *NEW* photos I have yet even imagined. Assuming you stay with photography, the future will be *BETTER* for you as a photographer!
- More life experiences
- More photo opportunities
- More new photos you will shoot
- (Eventually) traveling again … to new places you’ve never been to before (or old places you want to go back to!)
Essentially as time goes on, your photographic life will enrichen!
Seek to supersede yourself and become more:
- A Photography-Full Future
- The More You Shoot, the Better
- How Many Photos Should You Shoot Everyday?
- Why Do We Love Motion?
- Now is Your Chance to Shoot History in the Making
- Photo by Photo
- How and Why Photography Remains So Interesting to Me
- How to Conquer Your Inner Photographic Critic
- Thoughts on HDR Photography
- New Year, New Photos
- Why Exhibit Your Photos?
- Photography is Visual Poetry
- What’s the Purpose of Art?
- Why Do We Photographers Have Such a Hard Time Staying Inspired and Motivated?
- On Becoming a More Optimistic Photographer
- Philosophy of Weather
- How to Become a More Optimistic Photographer and Human
- You Are a Creative Photographer
- JUST SHARE YOUR ARTISTIC PROCESS WITH OTHERS.
- What Motivates Me to Shoot?
- How to Maximize Yourself to the Fullest
- HOW TO MOVE AND MOTIVATE PEOPLE
- Autotelic Photography
- The more I go out and photograph the world, the more interesting and beautiful the world becomes
- Why Photographers Have Such Low Self-Esteem
- ERIC KIM MOTIVATION
- Why Am I So Unmotivated?
- EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY
- WHY ARE YOU SO UNMOTIVATED?
- Movement is Motivation
- How to Motivate Myself to Make New Photos
- Never Stop Optimizing
- How to Help and Motivate Others
- Feed On Your Own Photos; Let Them Nourish You!
- Competition is for Suckers
- A Future Without Travel
- How Google Can Improve Your Photography
- DEVELOP YOURSELF.
- NEVER STOP MOVING!
- How I Self-Motivate Myself
- Every Day the Sun is Birthed Anew
- A Life Without Photography Isn’t a Life Worth Living
- 8 Practical Photography Assignments for You
- Tabula Rasa, Blank Slate, Carte Blanche
- LIFE IS THE ULTIMATE RPG
- HYPER VIGOR
- FRESH AIR PHOTOS
- WHO IS GONNA THRIVE IN TODAY’S BRAVE NEW WORLD?
- ARTISTIC OPTIMISM
- PASSION, not Discipline
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- The Empowering Feeling of Failure
- To Be Human is to Move
- Enjoy the Process
- Better Bad Photos than No Photos
- Why Keep Making New Art and Photos, Indefinitely?
- Photography Motivation: What if There is Nothing Interesting to Photograph?
- Move First, Motivation Later
- Motivation Follows the Action
- In Praise of Heroes
- 5 Tips How to Boost Your Creativity
- How to Have Inspiration to Take Photos in the Suburbs
- Anything that Motivates You to Move is Good!
- The Productive Photographer is the Happiest Photographer!
- Make Today Count!
- How to Break Through Photographer’s Block
- The Joyful Photographer
- The Dancing Photographer
- The Kaizen Process of Gradual Self-Improvement in Photography
- It is Your Duty to Make Beautiful Pictures!
- Making Pictures IS Happiness!
- NO EXCUSES.
- The Pomodoro Photography Technique
- The ABC of Photography
- Just Shoot It.
- How to Change the World With Photography
- How to Find Inspiration in Photography and Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Create Against the Past
- How I Motivate Myself to Make Photos
- Wear Your Camera Like a Necklace or Bracelet
- Have Your Photos Come to You
- How to Level Up in Your Photography
- How Not to Give a Fuck of What Others Think of You
- How to Overcome Procrastination in Your Photography
- How to Reinspire Your Photography
- What is Your Mission in Photography and Life?
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block
- Be a Photographer Now
- How to Overcome Boredom with Photography
- Never Stop Growing as a Photographer
- Why Do You Need “Inspiration” to Shoot?
- Just Shoot.
- 5 Things to Do If You’ve Lost Your Passion for Photography
- How to Have Unshakeable Confidence in Yourself
- Don’t Give Up On Your Dream
- Don’t Waste Your Potential
- Unlock Your Potential
- Empower Others With Your Photography
- Why You Shouldn’t Follow Your Passion in Photography