Once you no longer concern yourself with your own self-preservation or your own ego (notions of success or failure), then you can attempt all the epic risks (which interest you).
1. Meditate on the shortness of life
Life is short. Once you realize this, and realize that immortality is an impossibility (and not a desired thing), then–
How can you best leverage your short life in a personally meaningful way?
2. The upside of asceticism
Asceticism (training, askesis) means:
You are strong, muscular, solid … and imperturbable.
You know that even if bad things happen to you, you will just shrug it off.
For example, imagine you have a level 70 Paladin (DIABLO II) with all the epic equipment. Let us say you got 10,000 health. If a tiny monster attacks you, it will only do 5 damage. You will still feel it, and it will (very slightly) lower your health, but you practically don’t feel it. This is the ideal of stoicism.
Embrace living a more ‘poor’ lifestyle, then you realize —
All these luxurious things we got are a plus, but not essential.
3. Failure is the goal, or part of the game?
This is insanely liberating. Why? You are no longer afraid of getting rejected and ‘failing’– it become part of the game!
- Extreme Stoicism
Ethics are Aesthetic
- Indifference to Pain or Suffering
- When is Stoicism Good? When is Stoicism Bad?
- Why Others Criticize or Insult You
- True Difficulty
- What if Covid Never Goes Away?
- SUPER STOIC
- HOW TO CONQUER FEAR
- ANTI FEAR
- It is the Duty of the Strong to Help the Weak
- The Goal is to Become Stronger
- HYPER STOICISM
- HYPER HERO
- TRANSFORM EVERY DOWNSIDE INTO AN UPSIDE
- STOICISM x Child’s Mind
- The Art of Manly Virtue
- Resistance Makes Us Stronger!
- DON’T LIVE IN FEAR
- Emotions are Good
- Conquer Your Anger
- BLACK EAGLE
- DIFFICULTY AWAKENS YOUR INNER-GENIUS.
- STOICISM IS ARMOR FOR THE MIND
- The Spartan-Stoic Lifestyle
- How I Conquered Fear
- HOW TO CURE FEAR.
- LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.
- The Upside of Poverty
- How I Became Me
- THE WILL TO POWER, OR THE WILL TO FEAR?
- ATTACK REALITY
- Living *THROUGH* History
- How to Fear Less
- Fear is the Ultimate Contagious Disease
- STOICISM FOR DUMMIES
- Don’t Be Scared!
- WHAT CAN YOU CONTROL, WHAT CAN YOU NOT CONTROL?
- HOW YOU CAN CONQUER FEAR
- YOU’RE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE.
- EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
- WHY AREN’T THINGS WORSE?
- My Philosophy on Masculinity
- A Riskier Life is a Better Life #philosophy #stoicism
- How to Creatively Flourish in Life
- Introduction to Stoicism
- How to Become Stronger
- How to Conquer Depression With Photography
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- How to Respect Yourself
- How to Believe in Yourself
- How to Steer Fear
- How to Conquer Pessimism
- How to Conquer Anxiety
- How to Overcome Your Fear of People
- How to Be Optimistic
- Why I Don’t Take My Anger Seriously
- HOW TO BECOME MORE POWERFUL
- HOW TO BECOME SUPERHUMAN
- How to Give a Fuck Less
- ALL IN.
- Why I Cut My Dad Out of My Life.
- Your iPhone Only Has 5% Battery Left.
- How not to give a FUCK about your REPUTATION
- WHAT IS A HUMAN?
- The Regret Minimization Framework in Photography and Life
- How to Be a HERO
- Conquer Your Fears by Making Fear Your Slave
- Rule Circumstances; Don’t Let Your Circumstances Rule You
- How to Love Yourself
- How to Turn Shit into Gold
- Your Parents Fuck You Up
- What Kills You Makes You Stronger
- How to Be Patient
- How to Conquer Anger
- How to Bounce Back in Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Nothing Unlimited is Good; Nothing Good is Unlimited
- You Have No Limits
- Can 1’s and 0’s Hurt You?
- The Envious Moment is Flying Now
- Tomorrow We’ll Sail the Wide Seas Again
- How to Forgive Others
- Focus on Your Actions, Not the Results
- Everything Will Be Alright
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Be a Spartan Photographer
- How to Overcome Your Fears in Life
- How to Stop Worrying in Life
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- 3 Stoic Techniques that Can Help You Gain Tranquility
- Can People Weaker than You Hurt You?
- Does a Doctor Get Angry at a Crazy Patient?
- Own Nothing
The Stoic Masters
Learn from the master stoics: