Shit is hard, but remember:
You’re stronger than you think you are.
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
How do we become stronger?
Micro-trauma stimulates our growth.
For example, when you lift weights, you ‘micro-tear’ your muscles, which sparks the muscle-generationprocess.
Are you gonna die?
The biggest fear:
The pain associated with death.
The fear of being on your death-bed, and asking yourself: “Did I live my life to my fullest?”
Rather than let this idea paralyze you, better to let it GIVE YOU MASSIVE COURAGE to attempt epic shit in life.
Steve Jobs is a good reminder to me:
Thinking about death is actually a positive motivating force.
Why? When the thought of dying stares you straight in the face, then you will no longer fear anything.
You won’t fear social disgrace. You won’t fear bankruptcy.
What do you got to fear?
Living a life that isn’t 100%
You’re more resilient than you think you are.
That which threatens to destroy us makes us stronger.
For example, I believe in ‘post-traumatic growth‘.
For example, my personal scars is what made me who I am. If I never experienced childhood trauma, I wouldn’t have been able to become as strong as I am now.
Become stronger through tragedy
Tragedy is the most hopeful thing. Why?
Tragedy teaches us:
No matter how cruel or evil reality is, it is still beautiful and perfect.
Let tragedy, pain, difficulty, and chaos STIMULATE YOU to the next level!
- EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
- WHY AREN’T THINGS WORSE?
- My Philosophy on Masculinity
- A Riskier Life is a Better Life #philosophy #stoicism
- How to Creatively Flourish in Life
- Introduction to Stoicism
- How to Become Stronger
- How to Conquer Depression With Photography
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- How to Respect Yourself
- How to Believe in Yourself
- How to Steer Fear
- How to Conquer Pessimism
- How to Conquer Anxiety
- How to Overcome Your Fear of People
- How to Be Optimistic
- Why I Don’t Take My Anger Seriously
- HOW TO BECOME MORE POWERFUL
- HOW TO BECOME SUPERHUMAN
- How to Give a Fuck Less
- ALL IN.
- Why I Cut My Dad Out of My Life.
- Your iPhone Only Has 5% Battery Left.
- How not to give a FUCK about your REPUTATION
- WHAT IS A HUMAN?
- The Regret Minimization Framework in Photography and Life
- How to Be a HERO
- Conquer Your Fears by Making Fear Your Slave
- Rule Circumstances; Don’t Let Your Circumstances Rule You
- How to Love Yourself
- How to Turn Shit into Gold
- Your Parents Fuck You Up
- What Kills You Makes You Stronger
- How to Be Patient
- How to Conquer Anger
- How to Bounce Back in Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Nothing Unlimited is Good; Nothing Good is Unlimited
- You Have No Limits
- Can 1’s and 0’s Hurt You?
- The Envious Moment is Flying Now
- Tomorrow We’ll Sail the Wide Seas Again
- How to Forgive Others
- Focus on Your Actions, Not the Results
- Everything Will Be Alright
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Be a Spartan Photographer
- How to Overcome Your Fears in Life
- How to Stop Worrying in Life
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- 3 Stoic Techniques that Can Help You Gain Tranquility
- Can People Weaker than You Hurt You?
- Does a Doctor Get Angry at a Crazy Patient?
- Own Nothing
The Stoic Masters
Learn from the master stoics:
Unleash your creative potential:
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.