I am one of the least fearful people I know. How did I become this way, and how can you become less fearful as well? Some of my thoughts:
Do you desire to conquer your fears?
My first thought:
We feel as if there is a moral or ethical obligation to be fearful.
For example, if my neighbor feels fearful and I don’t, my neighbor will guilt me for not being fearful. And as a consequence, I feel guilty for not being (as) fearful as him. Why? Social comparison. When my neighbor sees me as not being fearful as him, he feels small and belittled. He looks at me and says:
“How dare you not be as fearful as me! Do you think I am a wimp or stupid or something?”
Then my neighbor starts to educate me on why I should feel fearful and “educate” me on why I am a bad, evil, and unmoralistic person for not feeling fear. Because if I don’t feel fear, but my neighbor does … he feels like a coward. And nobody likes to feel like a coward (even when they are). Instead, they like to try to bring you down to their level, or even put you BENEATH their level in order to feel superior to you.
Let us not be fooled my friends — petty, small, and cowardly individuals want us to feel lesser than them. All humans desire ascendancy over one another.
Why I’m so privileged
The only real way to become Uber-fearless:
You must have experienced the school of the hard knocks.
I actually see my difficult upbringing as the ultimate privilege. Without my scars and trauma, I would have never become who I am today.
Hardness, difficulty strengthens you. The thought:
Could JAY Z have ever become JAY Z without all the insanity he experienced as a child and youth growing up in the projects?
I think not. If JAY Z grew up in a cozy middle-class (or rich) family, he would have probably become another complacent youth.
Essentially my suggestion is this:
Physiologically toughen yourself in order to mentally toughen yourself.
This includes (I do all of this myself)
- Cold showers
- Intermittent fasting [no breakfast or lunch]
- Abstinence from jerking off to porn [if you gotta blow your load, just rub one out without the external stimuli of porn]. I see no moral or ethical qualms with porn — the physiological problem is that pornography is too extreme, which de-sensitizes our serotonin receptors. Kind of like drinking too much Coca Cola; sugar hijacks our minds.
- Quit sugar. No more sugar for the rest of your life. I have not (consciously) consumed sugar for the last 7 years. I don’t like any sweet things (whether natural or fake). I prefer bitter foods and fatty meats. The only sweet foods I consume are bitter (light roast coffee black, matcha green tea 100% with no sugar or other crap added, 100% cocoa powder and cocoa nibs, almonds — which are quite sweet)
- Weight lifting and body weight exercises. Go to the park and do pull-ups, chin ups, throw around rocks, etc. Do pushups or other exercises at home. Grab some dumbbells and do some weight lifting too. I’ve found this to be true for myself: the more muscle I have, and the physically stronger and buffer I am, the less fearful I am.
- Quit the news and social media. If you ever need any real news, read the local website for your own city or county, or go to the White House government website. Or better yet, just talk to folks on the street. Also quit social media; that shit is fear-marketing at its worst.
- Lots of long, pointless walks outdoors and fresh air
Harden yourself, and become the new hyper-stoic.
- ANTI FEAR
- It is the Duty of the Strong to Help the Weak
- The Goal is to Become Stronger
- HYPER STOICISM
- HYPER HERO
- TRANSFORM EVERY DOWNSIDE INTO AN UPSIDE
- STOICISM x Child’s Mind
- The Art of Manly Virtue
- Resistance Makes Us Stronger!
- DON’T LIVE IN FEAR
- Emotions are Good
- Conquer Your Anger
- BLACK EAGLE
- DIFFICULTY AWAKENS YOUR INNER-GENIUS.
- STOICISM IS ARMOR FOR THE MIND
- The Spartan-Stoic Lifestyle
- How I Conquered Fear
- HOW TO CURE FEAR.
- LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.
- The Upside of Poverty
- How I Became Me
- THE WILL TO POWER, OR THE WILL TO FEAR?
- ATTACK REALITY
- Living *THROUGH* History
- How to Fear Less
- Fear is the Ultimate Contagious Disease
- STOICISM FOR DUMMIES
- Don’t Be Scared!
- WHAT CAN YOU CONTROL, WHAT CAN YOU NOT CONTROL?
- HOW YOU CAN CONQUER FEAR
- YOU’RE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE.
- EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
- WHY AREN’T THINGS WORSE?
- My Philosophy on Masculinity
- A Riskier Life is a Better Life #philosophy #stoicism
- How to Creatively Flourish in Life
- Introduction to Stoicism
- How to Become Stronger
- How to Conquer Depression With Photography
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- How to Respect Yourself
- How to Believe in Yourself
- How to Steer Fear
- How to Conquer Pessimism
- How to Conquer Anxiety
- How to Overcome Your Fear of People
- How to Be Optimistic
- Why I Don’t Take My Anger Seriously
- HOW TO BECOME MORE POWERFUL
- HOW TO BECOME SUPERHUMAN
- How to Give a Fuck Less
- ALL IN.
- Why I Cut My Dad Out of My Life.
- Your iPhone Only Has 5% Battery Left.
- How not to give a FUCK about your REPUTATION
- WHAT IS A HUMAN?
- The Regret Minimization Framework in Photography and Life
- How to Be a HERO
- Conquer Your Fears by Making Fear Your Slave
- Rule Circumstances; Don’t Let Your Circumstances Rule You
- How to Love Yourself
- How to Turn Shit into Gold
- Your Parents Fuck You Up
- What Kills You Makes You Stronger
- How to Be Patient
- How to Conquer Anger
- How to Bounce Back in Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Nothing Unlimited is Good; Nothing Good is Unlimited
- You Have No Limits
- Can 1’s and 0’s Hurt You?
- The Envious Moment is Flying Now
- Tomorrow We’ll Sail the Wide Seas Again
- How to Forgive Others
- Focus on Your Actions, Not the Results
- Everything Will Be Alright
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Be a Spartan Photographer
- How to Overcome Your Fears in Life
- How to Stop Worrying in Life
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- 3 Stoic Techniques that Can Help You Gain Tranquility
- Can People Weaker than You Hurt You?
- Does a Doctor Get Angry at a Crazy Patient?
- Own Nothing
The Stoic Masters
Learn from the master stoics: