My thought on the pandemic right now —
The ultimate downside which is spreading isn’t death and disease, but fear.
Pandemos— regarding the public.
The pandemic of fear
Fear spreads socially. Consider– fear is a man-made thing. It affects our hormones, our thought, psyche, body, and physiology. How is fear spreading? Through social media [Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit], blogs, websites, TV, news, friends, family, and word of mouth.
Consider all the fear feeds. Now fear has “scalability” on her side. Fear can spread more virally than any infectious disease. Because now, fear can reach you even without physical touch or proximity. Fear can reach us digitally — through our eye balls and our ears.
Any fear which prevents you from losing a limb or dying a premature death is a good fear. For example, I’m fearful of riding a bicycle in a crowded metropolitan city, I’m afraid of drifting through a mountain path, or texting while driving or texting while walking. I want to live to be in hyper health until age 120, and then hopefully die peacefully in my sleep, or die by saving a child from a runaway car by jumping in front of the car and saving the life of the child.
Thus to me, this fear is highly practical. But what are “impractical” fears?
Fear in the psyche
Fear in the mind which paralyses us from action, or doing anything. This fear is bad.
What do you ultimately fear? Fear of death? Fear of pain? Fear of death of your friends and loved ones? Death of your spouse or child? What is the ultimate fear you got?
A life without psychological fear?
What do I personally aspire towards? A life without psychological fear.
Psyche — psukhe, meaning soul. Your vital breath— the thing which animates your body.
Is it possible to live a life where you can live boldly without soul-fear? Yes. How? Become a stoic.
How to Become a Stoic
- STOICISM FOR DUMMIES
- Don’t Be Scared!
- WHAT CAN YOU CONTROL, WHAT CAN YOU NOT CONTROL?
- HOW YOU CAN CONQUER FEAR
- YOU’RE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE.
- EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
- WHY AREN’T THINGS WORSE?
- My Philosophy on Masculinity
- A Riskier Life is a Better Life #philosophy #stoicism
- How to Creatively Flourish in Life
- Introduction to Stoicism
- How to Become Stronger
- How to Conquer Depression With Photography
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- How to Respect Yourself
- How to Believe in Yourself
- How to Steer Fear
- How to Conquer Pessimism
- How to Conquer Anxiety
- How to Overcome Your Fear of People
- How to Be Optimistic
- Why I Don’t Take My Anger Seriously
- HOW TO BECOME MORE POWERFUL
- HOW TO BECOME SUPERHUMAN
- How to Give a Fuck Less
- ALL IN.
- Why I Cut My Dad Out of My Life.
- Your iPhone Only Has 5% Battery Left.
- How not to give a FUCK about your REPUTATION
- WHAT IS A HUMAN?
- The Regret Minimization Framework in Photography and Life
- How to Be a HERO
- Conquer Your Fears by Making Fear Your Slave
- Rule Circumstances; Don’t Let Your Circumstances Rule You
- How to Love Yourself
- How to Turn Shit into Gold
- Your Parents Fuck You Up
- What Kills You Makes You Stronger
- How to Be Patient
- How to Conquer Anger
- How to Bounce Back in Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Nothing Unlimited is Good; Nothing Good is Unlimited
- You Have No Limits
- Can 1’s and 0’s Hurt You?
- The Envious Moment is Flying Now
- Tomorrow We’ll Sail the Wide Seas Again
- How to Forgive Others
- Focus on Your Actions, Not the Results
- Everything Will Be Alright
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Be a Spartan Photographer
- How to Overcome Your Fears in Life
- How to Stop Worrying in Life
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- 3 Stoic Techniques that Can Help You Gain Tranquility
- Can People Weaker than You Hurt You?
- Does a Doctor Get Angry at a Crazy Patient?
- Own Nothing
The Stoic Masters
Learn from the master stoics: