Some thoughts on fear:
First of all, should we fear? What is the difference between fear and prudence?
In Iliad, the heroes are stirred on by the gods. When do they fail? When they get suckered. When for example, Hector is deceived by the gods, which leads to his untimely death. So perhaps we shouldn’t fear — but rather, not be deluded.
Perhaps we just need to avoid delusion from embodied reality.
No genius without a touch of madness?
Then another thought:
Perhaps lacking some sort of prudent fear is a sign of those who are “insane” or crazy. But perhaps this is a necessary component of attempting the insanely great and epic?
Self-induced fear, or externally induced fear?
Something I’ve learned about myself:
When I stay to myself and stay in my zen zone and avoid the news, social media, Twitter, Facebook, websites, blogs, tv, etc … I tend to not be fearful. But the second I load up anything related to the news or external sources of news (run by advertising and for profit entities), then I get fearful.
Thus the next principle:
Media, technology is the problem in terms of promoting fear.
Thus if you wanna cure yourself of fear, cure yourself of the news.
Cure the fear of death
Death is nothing to us. If you conquer the fear of death, then you really have nothing to fear.
Go on a natural walk
Nothing is better to refresh my mind and nerves than going on a beautiful and peaceful nature walk. Either that or lifting weights at home, and blasting some JAY Z or KANYE WEST on my speakers.
Why do you fear?
What is the upside or the benefit of being fearful?
Let this guide you.
How to Become a Stoic
- LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.
- The Upside of Poverty
- How I Became Me
- THE WILL TO POWER, OR THE WILL TO FEAR?
- ATTACK REALITY
- Living *THROUGH* History
- How to Fear Less
- Fear is the Ultimate Contagious Disease
- STOICISM FOR DUMMIES
- Don’t Be Scared!
- WHAT CAN YOU CONTROL, WHAT CAN YOU NOT CONTROL?
- HOW YOU CAN CONQUER FEAR
- YOU’RE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE.
- EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
- WHY AREN’T THINGS WORSE?
- My Philosophy on Masculinity
- A Riskier Life is a Better Life #philosophy #stoicism
- How to Creatively Flourish in Life
- Introduction to Stoicism
- How to Become Stronger
- How to Conquer Depression With Photography
- What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger
- How to Respect Yourself
- How to Believe in Yourself
- How to Steer Fear
- How to Conquer Pessimism
- How to Conquer Anxiety
- How to Overcome Your Fear of People
- How to Be Optimistic
- Why I Don’t Take My Anger Seriously
- HOW TO BECOME MORE POWERFUL
- HOW TO BECOME SUPERHUMAN
- How to Give a Fuck Less
- ALL IN.
- Why I Cut My Dad Out of My Life.
- Your iPhone Only Has 5% Battery Left.
- How not to give a FUCK about your REPUTATION
- WHAT IS A HUMAN?
- The Regret Minimization Framework in Photography and Life
- How to Be a HERO
- Conquer Your Fears by Making Fear Your Slave
- Rule Circumstances; Don’t Let Your Circumstances Rule You
- How to Love Yourself
- How to Turn Shit into Gold
- Your Parents Fuck You Up
- What Kills You Makes You Stronger
- How to Be Patient
- How to Conquer Anger
- How to Bounce Back in Life
- How to Overcome Resistance
- Nothing Unlimited is Good; Nothing Good is Unlimited
- You Have No Limits
- Can 1’s and 0’s Hurt You?
- The Envious Moment is Flying Now
- Tomorrow We’ll Sail the Wide Seas Again
- How to Forgive Others
- Focus on Your Actions, Not the Results
- Everything Will Be Alright
- How to Be a Stoic Street Photographer
- How to Be a Spartan Photographer
- How to Overcome Your Fears in Life
- How to Stop Worrying in Life
- How to Use Photography as Self-Therapy
- How to Free Your Soul From Disturbance
- 3 Stoic Techniques that Can Help You Gain Tranquility
- Can People Weaker than You Hurt You?
- Does a Doctor Get Angry at a Crazy Patient?
- Own Nothing
The Stoic Masters
Learn from the master stoics: